Texas Stockyards BBQ

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Veteran member
Default A Quick Question

As you can tell from my screen name, I am a BBQ fanatic. As others have noted there are different styles of BBQ in different parts of this country. I grew up in Kansas City and had my first BBQ sandwich at Arthur Bryant's following a Kansas City Blues baseball game. Incidentally, baseball in Kansas City was a lot more fun to watch and much more affordable with the Blues than it ever was with the A's or the Royals. My dad could afford to take the both of us via streetcar to the Blue's games and even have a sandwich afterwards at Bryant's. No way at major league prices.

Kansas City BBQ has long held the position of being the overall best in the nation. It includes pork, chicken and beef. There is a reason why Kansas City BBQ Society judges are both the most respected and the most accepted in the United States.

As to Texas Stockyards BBQ, it is traditional Texas. It is focused on beef and does a great job with brisket. It's pork, chicken and beans leave at lot to be desired. This is OK. The place is Texas BBQ - it does that well.

After all that leaden, I have a question - has anyone had there Saturday night prime rib?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:48 AM

Kansas City BBQ has long held the position of being the overall best in the nation. It includes pork, chicken and beef. There is a reason why Kansas City BBQ Society judges are both the most respected and the most accepted in the United States.

As to Texas Stockyards BBQ, it is traditional Texas. It is focused on beef and does a great job with brisket. It's pork, chicken and beans leave at lot to be desired. This is OK. The place is Texas BBQ - it does that well.

As a Memphis native and MIM BBQ judge I respectfully differ with the first paragraph, but agree completely with the Texas Stockyards review.

Wish we had a good joint from either city here.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Platinum member

Maybe a cook off between BBQ and Ragman is in order.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM

Bump new specials coming out tomorrow in the daily sun.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.