TGI Fridays

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Rubicon, my friend - Are you saying you never used your VA benefits for education, home loan guarantee, small business assistance, or medical care? Will your widow accept the American flag from the VA upon your passing away (a long time in the future, I hope)?
You're comparing a free meal to VA benefits?? Good grief!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 AM

Knew it would be a long wait, but that is not reason I was upset.
The reason was because they were not staffed to sponsor this for our Veteran's. And no, the wait was not because of Strips numbers because I am a stripe member, and no, it wasn't because of party size. it was because they were issuing out cards with numbers and duplicating those numbers with another name. They admitted they made a mistake and we should have been called to be seated before 4 other groups of people were seated. My problem is not with the Hostesses or Wait Staff, it is with Management. That manager should have been out there clearing the tables in order to seat the customers faster. The Hostess had to not only take names, they also were busing tables. Shame on that manager!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Veteran member

gosh, you were getting a free meal and you have to complain? TGIF should have had only one free meal that they were giving out, no choices, and offer it on a cafeteria line. get in line, get your food, sit down, eat, and leave. and leave a decent tip, though I understand that a majority of the free diners left no gratuity for the servers. some villagers really have a lot of nerve.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

my experience was a regular business day with no free meals....I suppose it could have been a bad day....but I doubt it.

btk
Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

Whre I come from we have a saying too. "Some people would cry if they were hung with a new rope"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What a heart warming post. Our retired military deserve wonderful things and endless Thank yous.. but in a situation such as this, when free anything is given away, you can expect less than wonderful in my experience.

And in Ohio we have a little saying.

For Free....take.
For Buy....complain.

It is just the way life is.

Again....Many thanks to our Military.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgjim View Post
I skipped the free meal this year but last year my sons and I stood in line for over an hour to get into Applebees on Veteran's Day. We swapped stories with several other veterans the whole time; the hour passed before we knew it and it turned out to be a great evening. The food was good too.

Thanks to all the restaurants and other retailers who recognize vets. It's got to be a huge undertaking but I'm glad they do it.
What a lovely post and a great attitude!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
I am retired Military and would never accept a free meal for that reason. I would rather offer that same FREE meal to someone that needs it. I doubt very much that the majority of retired military living in The Villages fit the parameters I would set to be in NEED of a FREE meal. I am proud of my service and also proud of my country for providing me with a check for life and free medical for life. I want my country to feed the hungry, house the poor and heal the sick. I have and will continue to take care of myself.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.