Hats Off To The Havana Club

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Hats Off To The Havana Club

Praise should be given to the owners of the Havana Club Resturant for offering a FREE Christmas Eve dinner to those in TV who couldn't afford one.
I saw their pre-Christmas ad in The Daily Sun offering a wonderful meal in their resturant or delivered to homes if unable to travel. Apparently no questions asked! Just good will.
Today's paper had a good followup story on the success of the program.
I haven't been to The Havana Club too often, but now they are on my "must do often" list.
A wonderful give back to us Villagers!

Old 12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We went there last week. They weren't very busy.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We went there last week. They weren't very busy.
Did you eat? How was it?
Old 12-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

What is the food like?
Old 12-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Sage

Not bad. Not excellent.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Gold member

I have been a unhappy with the food at Havana, but I must say, this latest chef and management has turned the restaurant around. I live very close so it is convenient for me after golf. In my opinion they have gone from the worst food in the Villages to a fine quality now. If you have not ate their in the last month or so, give it a try as they have made major improvements in quality coming out of the kitchen.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:50 PM

Thank you Havana! Nice to see people helping people.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:39 PM

I think most outsiders think that all TV people are upper middle class and not in need of a free meal?????
Old 12-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Sage

I don't think that all villagers are upper middle class but I really haven't met anyone who lived in the villages that needed a free meal.

AND there is no shame in that. You work hard all of your life and save and are careful how you spend your money and you plan and sacrifice in order to reach that level.

That doesn't mean that people that do need a free meal are bad or to be looked down on. It just means that we are no longer working and have a way to pay the bills when we are retired.

But of course that doesn't mean that there aren't a few people who would try to get anything for free.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl;***193
I don't think that all villagers are upper middle class but I really haven't met anyone who lived in the villages that needed a free meal.

AND there is no shame in that. You work hard all of your life and save and are careful how you spend your money and you plan and sacrifice in order to reach that level.

That doesn't mean that people that do need a free meal are bad or to be looked down on. It just means that we are no longer working and have a way to pay the bills when we are retired.

But of course that doesn't mean that there aren't a few people who would try to get anything for free.

I think Havana did a great service for folks who perhaps were going to be alone for Christmas. Also they provided "delivery" as well. There are those whose partner may be an invalid or very ill so they both can't get out. I'm VERY impressed with a restaurant that would do this for their community!! It was about "giving" and not expecting "something" in return.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl;***193

Havana made a beautiful gesture in the Spirit of the Season. I resent those who deminish that gesture. Let's not complicate matters.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen;***241
I resent those who deminish that gesture. Let's not complicate matters.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Platinum member
Default I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer;***234
I think Havana did a great service for folks who perhaps were going to be alone for Christmas. Also they provided "delivery" as well. There are those whose partner may be an invalid or very ill so they both can't get out. I'm VERY impressed with a restaurant that would do this for their community!! It was about "giving" and not expecting "something" in return.
I totally agree, I find it compassionate and refreshing that they made that effort for people.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 12-28-2011, 09:26 AM

Havana deserves kudos. I appreciate what they did. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer;***234
You are right and I didn't look at it that way. For people who are alone or who needed a delivery meal.

And in so doing they will and should generate good publicity and it will bring good will to them.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.