Thanksgiving Dinner at Havanna

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Default Thanksgiving Dinner at Havanna

If you are going to Havana for Thanksgiving Dinner stick with the Tom Turkey. The prime rib is it's usual - horrible -, the reason I swore off of Havana many months ago. Highlight is that they have two types of sugar free pies, which is the first sugar free anything I have seen at a club. 3 of the 5 in our party had prime rib and all three were substandard. We arrived at after opening and there were less than 5 parties there when we left, not what I would have expected for today.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
If you are going to Havana for Thanksgiving Dinner stick with the Tom Turkey. The prime rib is it's usual - horrible -, the reason I swore off of Havana many months ago. Highlight is that they have two types of sugar free pies, which is the first sugar free anything I have seen at a club. 3 of the 5 in our party had prime rib and all three were substandard. We arrived at after opening and there were less than 5 parties there when we left, not what I would have expected for today.
What did the manager on duty say when you explained the prime rib was "horrible and substandard"?

Precisely, what was horrible and substandard about the prime rib?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:10 PM

When I order prime rib I expect a HOT, lean cut of good tasting beef. These 3 were neither and had different attributes. When I had the same problem a year or so ago at Havanna the manager was very accommodating and removed the charges. Our Thanksgiving good nature prevailed today giving them the benefit of the doubt and probable high volume of prime rib preparations, coupled with a server that was very friendly and proficient. But they have two strikes on prime rib...... Two in our party were very satisfied with their turkey.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 AM

We went there around 4:30 and they were maybe half full - asked it we could get a table - we did not have a reservation - and we were told that it if we did not have a reservation we could only sit outside. Too cold for that so we went elsewhere.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

I've never heard anything good about Havana.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
When I order prime rib I expect a HOT, lean cut of good tasting beef. These 3 were neither and had different attributes. When I had the same problem a year or so ago at Havanna the manager was very accommodating and removed the charges. Our Thanksgiving good nature prevailed today giving them the benefit of the doubt and probable high volume of prime rib preparations, coupled with a server that was very friendly and proficient. But they have two strikes on prime rib...... Two in our party were very satisfied with their turkey.
Nothing wrong with your expectations for prime rib. I do know the "prime" part of it means it will have some fat for the good flavor but I sure do not like prime rib that is 1/3 to 1/2 fat ratio to the meat. I got that once at Luigino's and it was no good.

Too bad that Havana has these restaurant problems. It is a beautiful location but that does not help bad food.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I've never heard anything good about Havana.
So, why does everyone keep going there?

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.