Cane Garden Country Club restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2020, 04:28 PM
Platinum member
Default Cane Garden Country Club restaurant

Did anyone else hear there was a big shakeup at Cane Garden restaurant last Tues or Wed? Several staff already working at other venues such as Palmer CC, Darrell's, First Watch on 466A. We really haven't been dining out since COVID.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:40 PM
Gold member

It’s my understanding that Cane a Garden is not what it use to be. New ownership...several of the long time veteran employees were not brought back after the initial pandemic closure. Yes those employees have been hired elsewhere. Cane use to be our favorite go to for eats & drinks. I’ve heard so much negative that I honestly have no desire to go there.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

I knew about what happened when they reopened but this is just this week something else happened.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:57 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Went for lunch last saturday, food good, but service very slow......................
Old 08-16-2020, 06:48 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

We are not supporting restaurants until this pandemic is over period. Tried once in Sumter landing and again in Brownwood clientele seems to take this illness very casual we are staying clear.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:58 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
We are not supporting restaurants until this pandemic is over period. Tried once in Sumter landing and again in Brownwood clientele seems to take this illness very casual we are staying clear.
I am with you on this - wish Mallory kept curbside, loved their pizza, won't even go in there for pickup and put up with people with no mask or observing social distancing.
Waiting like you for it to be all over.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,180 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
It's is getting better. The restaurants we go to do not allow anyone in the door without a mask on and people have to keep the mask on unless seated at the table. Hubby and I always keep our mask on while we order and keep the mask on until drinks are delivered. Many restaurants have installed plexiglass on the backs of booths and stagger placement of customers at the tables. We feel safe enough to dine in but only the two of us at a table.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:11 AM
Default Cane Garden

4 of us went to Cane Garden Saturday. If the Country Club restaurants are anything like Cane Garden there will soon be closed. I am going to bullet point the issues as there are so many. We arrived at 5:00pm and left at 7:15.

1. There was no spacing between diners, by the time we left every table was occupied
2. We had to request service as we sat for 15 minutes waiting to place beverage orders
3. Two of us ordered meatloaf. 20 minutes later the manager brought over two post roast dinners and was frustrated that we would not accept. The waitress came back to inform us they were out of meatloaf. This was at approximately 5:30/5:45 on a Saturday night.
4. The next time the manager came to our table I asked where his mask was. I was advised it was in his back pocket. He stated that he had asthma and could not breath. My concern was that having asthma and allowing yourself to be exposed in a very public place would create a greater health hazard.
5. We finally received our new dinner orders at approximatly 6:15.
6. At 7:00 we were trying to locate our waitress as we had not seen her for quite some time.
7. I went to the front desk to ask about our waitress, no response, so I asked to see the manager.
8. The manager would not come out of the kitchen to see us and finally after about 10 minutes and two more complaints sent someone out to see us.
9. We had to tell this person what we had ordered so that bills could be drawn up.
10. We were told that our server went home, when asking why we were unable to get an answer.

This will be my last visit to Cane Garden until management changes.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Sorry you didn’t get your meatloaf it’s one of the easiest meals to make and least expensive. Hardest thing a restaurant needs to do is defrost it and bake. Either it’s Cheney Bro’s or SYSCO but not fresh made.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

I recall a similar thread a few years ago referencing a different country club restaurant that is no longer in existence. Here is hoping Cane Garden does not wind up with the same outcome.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
It's is getting better. The restaurants we go to do not allow anyone in the door without a mask on and people have to keep the mask on unless seated at the table. Hubby and I always keep our mask on while we order and keep the mask on until drinks are delivered. Many restaurants have installed plexiglass on the backs of booths and stagger placement of customers at the tables. We feel safe enough to dine in but only the two of us at a table.
We have been going to restaurants since they have opened. We haven’t even gotten a cold! The longer you stay secluded your immune system is going down. I know first hand. When I started to work from home after awhile I noticed I was catching more colds. I asked my doctor he said because you are not around people all the time, your immune system has weakened. We wear masks when we have to go in a store. But we don’t wear a mask outside or in our car.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
The longer you stay secluded your immune system is going down.
OK, so we should not wear masks and congregate together so we can build up an immunity to this virus? But a significant number of people who contract the virus die from it. How does this build up their immunity for them? In their next life?

Skip
Old 08-24-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
We have been going to restaurants since they have opened. We haven’t even gotten a cold! The longer you stay secluded your immune system is going down. I know first hand. When I started to work from home after awhile I noticed I was catching more colds. I asked my doctor he said because you are not around people all the time, your immune system has weakened. We wear masks when we have to go in a store. But we don’t wear a mask outside or in our car.
We have eaten out about four nights a week since the reopenings. Staying in the basement in fear isn't living. And I agree, wearing a mask in the car???
Old 08-25-2020, 01:43 AM
Default Mask wearing

Actually, very FEW people die from it!!!!
Old 08-25-2020, 12:15 PM
Platinum member

Went to Cane Garden for lunch after golf yesterday. Service was good. The server was wearing a mask. There we 8 of us, but they would not allow us to put two tables together due to social distancing requirement. Had the Cane Garden Club and chips. It was very good. Would not hesitate to go back.

Tags
cane, restaurant, garden, venues, palmer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.