Tierra Del Sol

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
And while we are at it, "He has the cleanest kitchen" in The Villages. He took me in one time to see his kitchen, and it was spotless. Too bad they can't remodel the building, inside and out. Pete is a very friendly person, and seems to take pride in what he does
Thanks for the kitchen report as a spotless kitchen is huge!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions Den View Post
If no one asks to speak with the owner or manager and expresses their concerns with him or her they will never have anything corrected.
I see your point Lions Den. My mother worked at her fathers restaurant through her teenage years along with her 6 brothers and sisters. I remember her telling me that if your food is brought to you cold then it is the waitress fault not the cooks, because the cook cooks it hot and if it sets while the waitress gets around to bringing it to you then it is her fault. I didn't want to get the waitress in trouble as she was nice so just left and crossed that place off my list. Even if the food was hot, it was tastless. Maybe if I went back it would be different, but with so many other places to try or know we like I probably won't. We go as far as an hour outside of TV for breakfast and know very many places that are excellent not to mention a beautiful ride so we don't have to return and hope it has improved.
The restrauant business is tough!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM

Vic Ember's in Leesburg puts out a Sunday brunch that is to die for. Everything from omlettes to carved turkey and prime rib. I strongly suggest you give it a try Shimpy.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:25 PM

If Lion's Den is referring to my negative report...let me clarify...our group of 17 is a team that eats out at a different Villages restaurant every Wednesday. We had a reservation at Tierra made six days previous to our arrival. We were told they weren't ready for us and had to "call in" another server(30 minutes after we arrived) to help out. We have been eating at different restaurants all around the Villages for years and never encountered such poor service..our complaint was met with indifference. Two years ago we had a dinner at Tierra on a cold January night and requested that they turn up the heat in a very cold dining room..the owner came out to "scold" us and said they are not permitted to adjust the temperature in the building...the Villages forbids it!!! Okay...we probably should have learned from that fiasco...before we left a waitress came over to our table and told some of our members to "never come back again"!!!!! I guess she really meant it!
Old 06-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Email Reported As Spam

When reviewing the dog fights going on between posters as to their opinions concerning a restaurant which usually is posed as Ï knew someone would complain......just can never please...... I think about restaurants like Giovanni's, Son Rise Café, Billy's Café and a few others were never a bad word is spoken. Why do you suppose that is so? I also think that people have bad days and so do restaurants
Old 06-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy Reluctant

I was not going to write on this and let our experience go by the board. But after reading some of the comments I thought it would only be fair to the Tierra Del Sol Management to provide our feedback. We had heard that it was a wonderful place to have lunch and so elected to go a week or so ago.
The food was very marginal at best. The service was timely but the food was not something worth making an effort to stop by for. A salad was incorrect when brought to the table and the meat in the sandwich was tough. We both agreed we would not go back but all of this was our opinion and experience and may be different from others.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I was not going to write on this and let our experience go by the board. But after reading some of the comments I thought it would only be fair to the Tierra Del Sol Management to provide our feedback. We had heard that it was a wonderful place to have lunch and so elected to go a week or so ago.
The food was very marginal at best. The service was timely but the food was not something worth making an effort to stop by for. A salad was incorrect when brought to the table and the meat in the sandwich was tough. We both agreed we would not go back but all of this was our opinion and experience and may be different from others.
PennBF Based on the tone of your post you are a very kind person. Your post brings to mind that some people have trouble complaining about anything while others can't complain enough. What is interesting to me is that both groups have no problem complaining about banks, insurance companies, governments, tele-communication companies repair shops the Post Office, other drivers, doctors dentists contractors, etc . I wonder why that is so?
Old 06-29-2013, 03:21 PM

We took 2 granddaughters there, Thursday night, for pizza. We ate in the grill, the bartender and waiter were spot on, drinks filled, extra napkins .... And delicious pizza. (Sauce a touch sweet for me,but five year old said best pizza ever!). There were noleftovers. People around us were having dinners of every kind, all seemed happy and enjoying the food. We will back to try other meals!
And btw, omg the cream puffs!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Platinum member

See my other thread on Tierra del Sol. When we arrived we were asked if we had reservations and we said we did not. We were told we really should have. The dining room was empty. This was 4pm Fri. We (4) were seated at a table for 6. When waitress arrived she asked if we were there for the fish and we said no but there for the special advertised in the paper. She didn't know about it so we gave it to her. She left, came back and said it was a misprint and was for next week and there was nothing she could do. We asked for the owner/manager who was quite rude and said it was a wrong ad. We explained we came because of ad and would it be honored. He said it wasn't his fault and threw the ad on the table. No offer of apology or comps and stomped off. Not a way to run a business especially when they are running all kinds of radio ads, newspaper ads and asking people to come because the course is closed. A lady arriving when we were leaving said she overheard us and that what he did was illegal and called bait & switch. I know it's illegal in MA but did not know about FL.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.