Old 06-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Veteran member

Never order the special when a restaurant is almost empty
Old 06-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

[quote=rubicon;699668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Humbly dissagree. A mistake is a mistake and probably is not legally enforceable(IMO). No matter ,the owner made a bad PR mistake in not steping up and offering an acceptable alternative. Now he has a thread talking about unhappy situations rather than a pleased customer writing about a positive outcome.

challenger: Also the restaurant should have posted in a conspicuous location (i.e before customers were seated that the special was printed in error) They did not and this is a violation. The usual outcome is that customers just become frustrated or disgusted and walk away. Bait and switch laws were enacted just for this sort of thing. The problem is that the damages are so minor that people just won't push for enforcement. This is a sticking point with my wife and she always holds their feet to the fire and they always relent. We did agree concerning the damage this restaurant has committed here. I just went to the web Law.com and find the bait and switch issue under False advertising and they state bait and switch a crime in most states and subject to personal injury lawsuits
I'm sure your citations are correct , however there needs to be intent and an error in a newspaper ad does not impart intent. That said , it was a short sighted mistake for the owner refuse some mitigation.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If they offered me a free meal I wouldn't take it. We had lunch there last week and it was beyond horrible. The food wasn't good (how can you screw up a caesar salad) and the waitress was dancing around the tables and telling dirty jokes very loudly. Hey, I like a good joke myself but this was embarassing. She would stand in the middle of the floor so that all could hear (we were seated in the bar room in the back). No, I didn't speak to the owner since he was aware of what was happening and didn't seem to mind. Never again....
Old 06-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
Never order the special when a restaurant is almost empty
LOL !!!!!!!!

Best advice yet!!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

We don't go out to eat much but for our 44th wedding anniversary went to outback as we have every year for the past 7 years. There was a coupon in the sunday paper for $8.00 off 2 meals. For some reason waiter overheard our anniversary talk and at the end of our meal gave us a nice choc. ice cream with whipped cream to share free. Just had water to drink-total bill for sirloin and salmon dinner $22.00 Gave him nice tip though, he was very attentive.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
We don't go out to eat much but for our 44th wedding anniversary went to outback as we have every year for the past 7 years. There was a coupon in the sunday paper for $8.00 off 2 meals. For some reason waiter overheard our anniversary talk and at the end of our meal gave us a nice choc. ice cream with whipped cream to share free. Just had water to drink-total bill for sirloin and salmon dinner $22.00 Gave him nice tip though, he was very attentive.
He made two happy customers who will come back again and also tell their friends how well they were treated.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Location: The Villages, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Memphis, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Chicago.

Hacienda continues to have the best chef in The Villages. Place is packed virtually every night. Palmer pales in comparison and Glenview is a crap shoot, but, mostly crap. Lopez not impressive. Tierra has always been horrific, bad food, bad service, annoying ownership. IMHO. To each their own, enjoy!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.