Top Ten Restaurants in The Villages\

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2023, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Disclaimer - I’m by no means saying this is my personal #10 list - it’s the top ten when you sort by highest rated by folks who have posted reviews.
I don't agree with the ordering, and there are others I would put higher on the list, but I've been to six of these and would/do go back plus three more I have heard are good but haven't made it to yet.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-10-2023, 06:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,207 Times in 570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Not legally, no. But you can park your golf cart at Petco and walk across the street to the plaza where HoneyBaked is located.

If you want to be sneaky, you could go out the gate at Jeffrey Drive off Tarrson and cross Griffin onto Rolling Acres, and then cut into the parking lot behind Home Depot. From there you just follow that little drive around the corner into the parking lot where Mission BBQ is located. You're risking a ticket though since it's still illegal to cross that road and drive on Rolling Acres on a golf cart, even that half-block stretch that most people don't use.
Especially since the Lady Lake PD station is on the way there.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,198 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote:
I went onto Yelp, which has been a trusted guide for me when searching for good restaurants, especially when I’m traveling. I sorted all the restaurants in The Villages (must be “inside” the bubble and golf-cart accessible), based on what received the best over-all reviews (not necessarily the most reviews). Here is what came up as the top ten (is your favorite listed here?)

1) Chicken Salad Chick
2) Coastal Del Mar
3) Legacy Pool Bar and Grill
4) Island Fin Poke
5) First Watch
6) Reveille Cafe
7) Harvest
8) Kung Fu Chef
9) Koyame
10) No. #1 Chinese
I like this thread because I like limiting the choices to golf cart accessible. In eight years owning a home in the Villages we have only eaten outside the bubble using our car once. Everyone’s list reflects their unique tastes and mine is no exception, focusing on places that serve fish/seafood or have low carb choices.
1) Sakura (Shushi take-out)
2) Costal Del Mar
3) BLUE Fin
4) Bone Fish
5) Lopez Legacy
6) Chop House
7) Ay Jalisco
8) Naldos
9) Island Fin Polk
10) RJ Gators (always get the She Crab soup and blackened fish with rice and beans)
Honorable mention - Americanos, Back Porch, Edna’s, Tropical Smoothie, Fenney Grill
Bummed they closed - Crispers, Demshires
Totally dropped off list over the years - Lighthouse, VKI
Worst ever - Augustine’s 1812 (now closed) and Sawgrass
Looking forward - New FMK restaurant in Spanish Springs

I’m sure there are other good places we haven’t been to including the other FMK run restaurants and Country Clubs.
Old 08-11-2023, 11:00 AM

Stop taking short cuts in neighborhoods going to SS. Take Rio Grande to left at delmar to downtown. We dint need 3 cars per minute past our houses. Not needed.stop
Old 08-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,713 Times in 458 Posts

For those that mentioned Trip advisor - I just did the same thing on that site - sorted by highest rated - Here is their top ten, very different list:

1) Red Sauce
2) Legacy - Nancy Lopez CC
3) Glenview CC
4) Square 1
5) Amerikanos
6) Cane Garden CC
7) Johnny Rockets
8) Bonefish
9) VKI
10) Thai Ruby
Old 08-11-2023, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,157 Times in 5,384 Posts

Quote:
For those that mentioned Trip advisor - I just did the same thing on that site - sorted by highest rated - Here is their top ten, very different list:

1) Red Sauce
2) Legacy - Nancy Lopez CC
3) Glenview CC
4) Square 1
5) Amerikanos
6) Cane Garden CC
7) Johnny Rockets
8) Bonefish
9) VKI
10) Thai Ruby
Wow very surprised.

In no particular order

Kungfoo
Havana
Napolinos
Old 08-11-2023, 06:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,115 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviva View Post
When Yelp first came out everyone thought it would be the new trusted way to get Fair reviews on anything from businesses to restaurants. Unfortunately Yelp has turned into big business advertising and calls on these restaurants and businesses and requests that they set up an advertising plan with Yelp. All of a sudden those restaurants and businesses that DO NOT Yelp advertise are no longer well reviewed. I would never trust a Yelp review. They hide reviews of non advertisers saying it's the algorithm that can tell that they are not real reviews but I know for a fact they are real and it's just because those companies don't pay the piper and advertise. I would only trust Google reviews. Google does not manipulate the reviews or the businesses and do not ever charge a fee to be reviewed. Or hide reviews.
Yelp claims they don't manipulate reviews.

That said, a Federal Court has ruled the have the right to favor those who advertise on Yelp.

If they don't do it, I wonder why they bothered to defend against the court action?

Court Rules Yelp Can Manipulate Reviews
Old 08-11-2023, 06:41 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,115 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I like this thread because I like limiting the choices to golf cart accessible. In eight years owning a home in the Villages we have only eaten outside the bubble using our car once. Everyone’s list reflects their unique tastes and mine is no exception, focusing on places that serve fish/seafood or have low carb choices.

off the list Lighthouse, VKI

I’m sure there are other good places we haven’t been to including the other FMK run restaurants and Country Clubs.
I've only been in TV for 2 years, but I've tried every restaurant in the squares and most around TV.

The best meal I've had in TV was at Augustine's 1812.

The worst meal I've ever had in Florida, was at Lighthouse.

I don't know who had the idea to give FMK a virtual monopoly in TV, but they've managed to bring TV food to a new low. I'm amazed they stay in business.
Old 08-11-2023, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
1) Sakura (Shushi take-out)
2) Costal Del Mar
3) BLUE Fin
4) Bone Fish
5) Lopez Legacy
6) Chop House
7) Ay Jalisco
8) Naldos
9) Island Fin Polk
10) RJ Gators (always get the She Crab soup and blackened fish with rice and beans)
Honorable mention - Americanos, Back Porch, Edna’s, Tropical Smoothie, Fenney Grill
Bummed they closed - Crispers, Demshires
Totally dropped off list over the years - Lighthouse, VKI

Naldo’s is now Tequila Cantina. New menu too.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Island Fin Poke is in Brownwood...
I'm a fan of Poke and was happy to see them open. Food is fresh and delicious. Not much ambiance though. More like a fast food atmosphere. We always take it to go...
Old 08-12-2023, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,198 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Teddy View Post
Naldo’s is now Tequila Cantina. New menu too.
Bummer, haven’t been there since early May. Used to really like the crab quesadillas that Naldo’s had : (
That location can’t stay constant, first lost Crispers, which we really liked, and now Naldo’s. Looks like we are back to Ay Jalisco as the go to Mexican joint.
Old 08-12-2023, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I've only been in TV for 2 years, but I've tried every restaurant in the squares and most around TV.

The best meal I've had in TV was at Augustine's 1812.

The worst meal I've ever had in Florida, was at Lighthouse.

I don't know who had the idea to give FMK a virtual monopoly in TV, but they've managed to bring TV food to a new low. I'm amazed they stay in business.
I have to agree about Lighthouse - I went there twice last year on my lifestyle visits and wasn’t impressed either time. I decided to return this week, as I read the owners are going to try and improve the place after selling Augustine’s. It was even worse than I remember. I really want to like this place, as it has a great location and view. I just wish they would “up’ their game with their menu and quality of seafood, this place could be the “jewel” of the villages.
Old 08-12-2023, 10:16 AM
Veteran member
Default Reviews

This is a good place to find reviews. The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Review Site There are 900 restaurants reviewed. You can click the link for only The Villages to shorten the list.
Old 08-12-2023, 01:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatorman View Post
This is a good place to find reviews. The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Review Site There are 900 restaurants reviewed. You can click the link for only The Villages to shorten the list.
I agree the TV Gourmet Club website is extensive and only members (must be a Village residents) can post. There's no anonymous reviews or general comments like "Great Place 5 Star" like you see on Yelp, Trip Advisor and Google. This site is a lot more unbiased and believable. We use it a lot.

Skip
Old 08-12-2023, 03:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I agree the TV Gourmet Club website is extensive and only members (must be a Village residents) can post. There's no anonymous reviews or general comments like "Great Place 5 Star" like you see on Yelp, Trip Advisor and Google. This site is a lot more unbiased and believable. We use it a lot.

Skip
This is great - I’ll check it out for sure

Tags
restaurants, top, ten, reviews, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.