Traditions Cafe - Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Smile Traditions Cafe in Wildwood

Has anyone been there for lunch? What is their price range. I'm looking for a place for 5 ladies for a birthday lunch.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Unhappy

Maybe a small group of ladies would be ok, but I was there late summer with a group of approx 15. We had a reservation for 11:30 but they really weren't prepared for us staff wise. There was only one waitress for the entire dining room and once we finally did get our food several of us were not impressed at all. My panini sandwich was dry and tasteless.

According to previous comments they seem to be good for dinner, but I wouldn't spend my money there for lunch again. Maybe dinner but not lunch.

When it came time to pay our bills the lady at the register (owner/co-owner ?) was totally overwhelmed and didn't even have enough money in the register to make change and had to run downstairs to the antique store for money.

And to those who are wondering, no I did not voice my displeasure to management because it was impossible to even get the waitress' attention for a water refill.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
Maybe a small group of ladies would be ok, but I was there late summer with a group of approx 15. We had a reservation for 11:30 but they really weren't prepared for us staff wise. There was only one waitress for the entire dining room and once we finally did get our food several of us were not impressed at all. My panini sandwich was dry and tasteless.

According to previous comments they seem to be good for dinner, but I wouldn't spend my money there for lunch again. Maybe dinner but not lunch.

When it came time to pay our bills the lady at the register (owner/co-owner ?) was totally overwhelmed and didn't even have enough money in the register to make change and had to run downstairs to the antique store for money.

And to those who are wondering, no I did not voice my displeasure to management because it was impossible to even get the waitress' attention for a water refill.
Should have talked to management...btw that was 6 months ago.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl View Post
Has anyone been there for lunch? What is their price range. I'm looking for a place for 5 ladies for a birthday lunch.
Good morning, moongirl,

I want to answer your question, but first of all, I think I should preface this with a disclaimer: I don't live in TV at this point. -- But we have spent time there, and ate out a lot. Too much. So I sort of know the territory.

Our most recent visit was in November, and we had lunch at Traditions Cafe. Our service was excellent. But, at that time, the lunch menu was limited to sandwiches and soup and I think it was just one specialty pasta dish. We ordered mushroom soup and the pasta. Both were really good. (If anyone in your group has a problem with stairs, that might be a consideration. Traditions is upstairs. I asked them how they handled access and learned that there was also some seating downstairs.)

We planned to go back to Traditions for dinner, which I think is more what they are about there, but we had to get back to Cincinnati so we never got there again. But next time, we will go to Traditions for dinner.

But, to answer your question about a birthday lunch for a group of ladies, I suggest thinking about going to The Tea Plantation at LSL In late November I wrote a rather detailed review of The Tea Plantation which you can find somewhere here in the restaurant forum if you would like to read it.

My suggestion may be too late. The birthday lunch may be over. But I wanted to offer this suggestion, just in case.

Boomer
Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM

Boomer hit that one out of the park ! An absolutely fabulous place and when you look up "five ladies for luncheon" in your Funk and Wagnalls (remember that one) you should see Tea Plantation pictured therein. I dined there with my wife and daughter this past August and as a result a revisit is at the top of my wifes's list for our return to full-time status later in the year. Very pleasant experience and super food. There is your answer...
Old 01-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Default Traditions Cafe

Went there last night. Great dinner. Excellent service. Helen and Rudolfo, the owners are top notch people. Word will get out about this place, for sure. Best food we've had in a long time.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Default Traditions Cafe - Great Find!

Wow, I can't believe it took us so long to find Traditions Cafe. What a great place! We ate there with friends last evening and enjoyed lasagna, seafood medly with pasta, mussels and pasta along with a chilled bottle of chardonnay (free this weekend with a coupon from Thursday's Sun). The meals were delicious, the restaurant elegant and QUIET, and the owners superb in their attentiveness. We highly recommend it.

Reading back on previous posts, my suggestion for having large parties there would be to give them a heads up that you are coming. I'm sure they would accomdate you if they knew. In my opinion though, it is a wonderful place to dine as the quiet is part of the charm, rather than having large groups.

It was a very pleasant change and we will return often.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.