Turners in Leesburg

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Platinum member
Default Discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkshop View Post
Yes, that is exactly what they told us.. Don't come back and tell the people in the villages ..we don't want them...
Isn't that great?
Wonderful FAIL strategy.
What's next?
"We don't want customers from Lake County."
"We don't want customers from Florida."

I would not want to patronize a business that discriminates like that.

Agree?

Skip
Old 07-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Service is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Isn't that great?
Wonderful FAIL strategy.
What's next?
"We don't want customers from Lake County."
"We don't want customers from Florida."

I would not want to patronize a business that discriminates like that.

Agree?

Skip
We have eaten at Turners a number of times. The service has always been good. We have never been told not to come back. Quite a few friends and neighbors have gone there and no complaints. Most have gone back for another meal. We have felt zero discrimination.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Some of our age group have been known to be a bit persnickety, shall we say, in our dealings at restaurants and stores. Or noisy. Or travel in large groups. I just wonder if all Villagers might be taking the hit for the actions of some at Turners.

We don't complain at restaurants. We just don't go back. Not every place is going to please everyone. People should try places and see for themselves. My husband was not very impressed with their online menu, so we haven't been. I'm sure I'll be able to talk him into a visit.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Turners

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Some of our age group have been known to be a bit persnickety, shall we say, in our dealings at restaurants and stores. Or noisy. Or travel in large groups. I just wonder if all Villagers might be taking the hit for the actions of some at Turners.

We don't complain at restaurants. We just don't go back. Not every place is going to please everyone. People should try places and see for themselves. My husband was not very impressed with their online menu, so we haven't been. I'm sure I'll be able to talk him into a visit.
Turners is not a typical Villager restaurant. They do not allow more than 6 at a table. IIke the rule because the restaurant is not noisy. The chef works very well at pairing the sides with the entrées. They don't do substitutions. It is more of a dining experience.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Turners is not a typical Villager restaurant. They do not allow more than 6 at a table. IIke the rule because the restaurant is not noisy. The chef works very well at pairing the sides with the entrées. They don't do substitutions. It is more of a dining experience.
It sounds like a breath of fresh air, despite the one-roll limit.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:04 PM

I'll make this short: the WORST restaurant we have ever been to....period! Service was a great disappointment and when we expressed our concern for not getting food or drinks, we were asked to leave and tell people from The Villages they don't want our business.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Turners in Leesburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkshop View Post
I'll make this short: the WORST restaurant we have ever been to....period! Service was a great disappointment and when we expressed our concern for not getting food or drinks, we were asked to leave and tell people from The Villages they don't want our business.

Were you wearing a " I'm a Villager, kick me " T-shirt ?
Old 07-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Sage

No early birds, no happy hour, no coupons--a real restaurant--that doesn't cater to the bargain basement crowd.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
No early birds, no happy hour, no coupons--a real restaurant--that doesn't cater to the bargain basement crowd.
I don't think happy hour is catering to the basement crowd. Some very good restaurants have a happy hour. Ruth's Chris & PF Changs both do.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

My wife and I had the pleasure of dinner last night at Turner's Kitchen in Leesburg. The service was great, but the food was even greater in quality, presentation and taste.

Shrimp and Grits = Among the best in the South and very filling.

Divers Scallops with Balsamic Glaze = Melt in your mouth.

White Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding/Bourbon Cherry Sauce = Sinful.

Also, a MAJOR benefit = NO LARGE GROUPS There are booths and tables. Tables are either two-tops or four-tops. Turner's seating policy limits seating to no more than 6 diners at a table. This is a very good thing. The kitchen runs much smoother and the noise level is more muted.

Turner's is a GREAT addition to the area.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Sage

They have three tables that will accommodate six. According to the owner they are taken quickly so a party of five or six needs to arrive early, probably 4:30 pm, to have a good chance to get one.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.