UNBIASED facts HAVANA cc

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Veteran member
Default UNBIASED facts HAVANA cc

These are the recent inspection violations on 6/11/13 at Havana CC:

Violation NR. Observation
14-09-4 Basic - Cutting board has cut marks and is no longer cleanable a repeat Violation **Warning issued

14-67-4 Basic - Reach-in cooler gasket torn/in disrepair. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

29-11-4 Basic - Leaking pipe at plumbing fixture. Underneath waitstation ice bin. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

35A-03-4 High Priority - Dead roaches on premises. 2 dead roaches underneath cookline handsink 3 dead roaches in dishroom 4 dead roaches in office 2 dead roaches in corner of cookline behind refrigerator. This violation must be corrected by 6/12/13 **Warning issued

35A-05-4 High Priority - Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 1 live roach crawling on dishroom wall 1 live roach crawling on stone pizza oven on cookline 6 live roaches of various sizes in corner of ceiling at stone pizza oven 2 in holes in dishroom 3 in crack in wall at ice machine. 3 in corner of ceiling over prep room handsink this violation must be corrected by 6/12/13. **Warning issued

35B-01-4 Basic - Exterior door has a gap at the threshold that opens to the outside. **Warning issued

36-71-4 Basic - Floor drains/drain covers heavily soiled. Throughout **Warning issued.
36-74-4 Basic - Build-up of soil/debris on the floor along the walls, baseboards, cabinets and/or equipment. Throughout **Warning issued.

ALL THIS BEGS THE QUESTION...WHY EAT AT THIS RESTAURANT?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Sage

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ins...140&id=5416788

Here's where to get the info.
Evans Prairie, no violatons...
Old 06-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ins...140&id=5416788

Here's where to get the info.
Evans Prairie, no violatons...
Let's remember that Havana is many years older than Evan's. Let's hope Evan's keeps up the good work.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:16 AM

Many years older means more experience and should have a good handle on operations.Congrats to Evans Prarie for a job well done in a short amount of time...
Old 06-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Veteran member

cockroaches are cockroaches i dont care if they are in the with house,,, I will never set foot again in this place,,, they were warned, and didnt correct till they were shut down,,, i have seen places that were filthy after only six months old,, so age makes no difference,,,
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to vitacr

They deserved what they got..........................the management should have had a better control on the problems...............too bad - I'll stick with Cane Garden
Old 06-26-2013, 12:20 PM

Haven't been to Havanna is 2 yrs -- they just never got their act together!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Gold member

I wonder how many private homes could pass an inspection? Most would think their kitchens are clean but may be surprised when an inspector digs deep. If I see a restaurant inspection with no hits, I believe the inspector did not do their job very well. A few bugs here are there can be expected in warm climates. As long as the food prep surfaces are cleaned often and well and food is protected, I would not worry about it.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Default Cockaroaches

I agree cockroaches are cockroaches,
I am not saying any Resturant should not be more carefull and not take the proper actions A.S.A.P.
Now I think you can be sure that the Restuarant in comments has taken all the necessary actions and passed all re inspections to be opened.
Other Restuarants are out there that you might not of heard of any Warnings or Violations given to them at all as they perhaps were not shut down.
An Inspector has a job to do for sure and will always will find something that he or she thinks is wrorg.. Are they or can they be 100% acturate on each visit?
Think about it.
Actually we all know that no has ever bought food home from their local supermarket and wontered how in the world did a cockaroach got into their home. Right?
Who was at fault the Supermarket or the Shopper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
cockroaches are cockroaches i dont care if they are in the with house,,, I will never set foot again in this place,,, they were warned, and didnt correct till they were shut down,,, i have seen places that were filthy after only six months old,, so age makes no difference,,,
Old 06-26-2013, 03:04 PM

I do not know the proper offices to call before I decide where to go out to eat to see if any Warnings or Violations have been issued.
With over 110 Restuarants here available accessed by Golf Cart here in "The Villages"
I bet that there are well over 25% that have been cited for one thing or another at one time or another.
Does any know the Name and number to call?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
I do not know the proper offices to call before I decide where to go out to eat to see if any Warnings or Violations have been issued.
With over 110 Restuarants here available accessed by Golf Cart here in "The Villages"
I bet that there are well over 25% that have been cited for one thing or another at one time or another.
Does any know the Name and number to call?
Doubt if you can find a number to call just anytime and get an update on current violations, etc. However, do a Google search on "sumter county fl restaurant inspections" and there are several sites with inspection information.
BTW if you think you will find a restaurant without any citations....good luck. As others have said, there is always something!
Did you have a number to call when in your former life?
Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 PM

In this warm climate bugs are active year round and can be brought in with the latest shipment of bread, vegetables, canned goods, etc. If you decide to not eat at restaurants that have had health inspection violations, you probably won't be eating at any restaurant anywhere in the world.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The rationale that Havana has been opened longer than Evans Prairie holds no valid logic. Giovanni's has been open for a very long time and has 0violations as does Son Rise Café.

As to the issue of the number of the private homes that couldn't pass inspection let me say. I don't care but I also wouldn't sit down at their table for a meal either.

Restaurants open to serve the public and as such have legal obligations as respect health and safety. A bug infestation is as bad as a electrical outlet violation. Lawsuits abound in this country for real or alleged violations thereof that result in property damage, bodily injury or emotional distress. Why do you think so many managers walk over to a customer's table and tell them that dinner is on the house.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:15 PM

Food service is important business, when you feed people you have the ablitity to kill them. So when there is a violation or something the inspector sees you correct it. I would never eat there until they get a 98 or better for their inspection.

We owned a resturant and got a 100 each time, there is not a drawer or crack or temp they don't take and door they don't look at. There is no friends in this business because it is so very important.

If you have these types of violations you need to completely get out of the business. Period.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.