TGI Fridays

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Default TGI Fridays

Went there on Monday for Veteran's Day lunch. Not only has a 1 hr. wait before we got a table, but the wait was so long because after I sat there for 1 hr., I noticed that they were calling people that came in AFTER me! Went to hostess and told her, and she apologized that they apparently had taken people before us because they were getting the numbers confused. We had 2 disabled Veteran's in our party, so very upset. Then, the service was also bad once we sat down. Seemed very short staffed, but then should not have offered the free meal for the Veteran's if they were unable to take care of that many people.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie123 View Post
Went there on Monday for Veteran's Day lunch. Not only has a 1 hr. wait before we got a table, but the wait was so long because after I sat there for 1 hr., I noticed that they were calling people that came in AFTER me! Went to hostess and told her, and she apologized that they apparently had taken people before us because they were getting the numbers confused. We had 2 disabled Veteran's in our party, so very upset. Then, the service was also bad once we sat down. Seemed very short staffed, but then should not have offered the free meal for the Veteran's if they were unable to take care of that many people.
there are many reasons why people go ahead of others. partys of 6 have reservations. regular customers who belong to the 'get more stripes' program have 'skip the line coupons'. im a regular customer of fridays and think they do a great job!!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM
nkrifats

It was a free meal. Expect long lines and slow service. Be Grateful they offered the meal to Vet's.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
It was a free meal. Expect long lines and slow service. Be Grateful they offered the meal to Vet's.
I agree!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Platinum member
Default Red Lobster

Heard a customer made a big scene at the Red Lobster in The Villages because although all Darden restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze, etc.) were offering free meals to veterans, the manager at RL here refused to do so, saying "There are too many old veterans here for us to give away free food"!

Was anyone there the other day and heard this commotion?
A friend said it got pretty heated.

Skip
Old 11-13-2012, 02:12 PM

Red Lobster was NOT offering free meals to veterans, they advertised on Facebook and via email that they were giving free appetizers to veterans. The Daily Sun incorrectly reported the wrong deal. There is a correction on page A3 of today's issue stating that it was incorrectly reported, along with Sonny's BBQ, saying they too offered free meals when actually it was only 50% off. I'm sure it made for some very angry guests who might have blown this out of proportion.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I had a horrble at meal Evans Prarie this week (11/12). I will never go back unless I hear they have made major changes. Worst experience ever in my short time here in The Villages (only bout 6 months but have been most everywhere).
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Sorry you had such an awful experience at TGI. Unfortunately when offers for free food are made, things get out of hand, over crowded, etc. I stay away from offers like these because I know that its going to be very caotic. Thank you for your service.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Attending anything where something for free is being offered in TV can be challenging.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM

Old military adage - Hurry Up and Wait!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown*server View Post
Red Lobster was NOT offering free meals to veterans, they advertised on Facebook and via email that they were giving free appetizers to veterans. The Daily Sun incorrectly reported the wrong deal. There is a correction on page A3 of today's issue stating that it was incorrectly reported, along with Sonny's BBQ, saying they too offered free meals when actually it was only 50% off. I'm sure it made for some very angry guests who might have blown this out of proportion.
That explains it. thanks.

Skip
Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 PM

Any time they are giving away free food stay away like they had the plague. Same goes for Mother's Day..
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Veteran member

it was free; get over it.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Default Applebees

I skipped the free meal this year but last year my sons and I stood in line for over an hour to get into Applebees on Veteran's Day. We swapped stories with several other veterans the whole time; the hour passed before we knew it and it turned out to be a great evening. The food was good too.

Thanks to all the restaurants and other retailers who recognize vets. It's got to be a huge undertaking but I'm glad they do it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.