Views at Havana Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Thanks for the post/review. Looking forward to trying it.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
The Gourmet Club has their menu details. $9 Hot Dogs and $12 Hamburgers for dinner?
I think I'll skip this "new" place.

LINK

Skip
If that is their menu, we won't bother. Same old, same old calorie laden fast casual food from the looks of it. What a shame.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:09 AM
Sage

Same O, Same O, Same O---seen one CC restaurant you've seen most of them--Arnold Palmer and Lopez Legacy are the only true CC restaurants
Old 09-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Went there last night probably 50 of our group throughout the evening everyone was treated fine, the owner stopped over and greeted us only two people in our group didn't care for what they got. Didn't say it was bad just that they didn't care for it. It was their first official day being open. I will be back.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:37 PM
Veteran member

Is the calamari the same recipe they use at Americano's? I love their version of calamari.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
If that is their menu, we won't bother. Same old, same old calorie laden fast casual food from the looks of it. What a shame.
You made your point, made your point , made your point. Nothing like reviewing a place without going there. And if you are not going somewhere do you always announce it? Shame, people invest a lot of money, time and effort in a business and are criticized by people who Review it from their couch. If you have nothing good to say perhaps don't say anything and let this businessman take his shot. I wish him luck and pray that he succeeds.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
You made your point, made your point , made your point. Nothing like reviewing a place without going there. And if you are not going somewhere do you always announce it? Shame, people invest a lot of money, time and effort in a business and are criticized by people who Review it from their couch. If you have nothing good to say perhaps don't say anything and let this businessman take his shot. I wish him luck and pray that he succeeds.
I'm always amazed at people who review a place without ever going. We went 3 nights and ate all 3 nights. Food was very good. They have only had a limited menu for right now. Better to take a little time and do it right. Those that keep saying I'm not going, that's fine, just don't go, but don't bad mouth a place you have never been to and you say you aren't even going to go to.
There are a few places I don't like and a few I have never been to. I just don't say anything about them. I never want anyone not to make it. If others like it, that's great. I just go where I like.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I'm always amazed at people who review a place without ever going. We went 3 nights and ate all 3 nights. Food was very good. They have only had a limited menu for right now. Better to take a little time and do it right. Those that keep saying I'm not going, that's fine, just don't go, but don't bad mouth a place you have never been to and you say you aren't even going to go to.
There are a few places I don't like and a few I have never been to. I just don't say anything about them. I never want anyone not to make it. If others like it, that's great. I just go where I like.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Thanks Bonny. It takes a lot to start a business. Blood sweat and yes a good deal of money. They are creating new jobs. All good for The Villages.. I always try to patronize anything new, make a purchase and wish them luck. Businesses make changes based on comments from patrons but if you don't go, ????? This business is just starting out. Give them a break. Go in, buy a beer and wish him luck. You will feel good after you do.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Can you imagine living with those people??
Old 09-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Platinum member

I just had a bacon wrapped hot dog in New Jersey $12.00
Old 09-21-2017, 05:24 PM
Platinum member

How many jobs were created? Same location different name.
And Hot Dogs at a Country Club? My first impression is not a good one.
Far cry from the original Havana Club that started here with George Stella.

Skip
Old 09-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
How many jobs were created? Same location different name.
And Hot Dogs at a Country Club? My first impression is not a good one.
Far cry from the original Havana Club that started here with George Stella.

Skip
NEWS FLASH!

Havana Club is no longer there. New restaurant, new owners.

Criticizing them when you have never been there is unfair, if not downright nasty. If you haven't been there, you shouldn't offer an opinion. Get over yourself.

How many jobs are created? From your prejudiced comments, why would you even care?
Old 09-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Eternal Member

Actually there were a few people at the bar that ordered the bacon wrapped hot dog & enjoyed it and also the Cuban. A lot of people like bar food. They come in for a drink & a quick bite to eat. It's nice to see the sandwiches etc. Great for a bite after golf.
I saw several ordering wings last night & a few ordered pizza.
All looked good to me.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Enjoyed friends & family night at "Views at Havana" !! Delicious food.
I had the Pork Chop w/ creamy mustard sauce, Mashed Potatoes,
Broccolini & Carrots. Hubby had Chicken Fettucini Alfredo and we had the Calamari.
Another awesome place to eat in the Villages.
They had a limited menu to choose from last night. It was a a big selection though. Lots of good things & good prices.
Appetizers, soup, salads, sandwiches, pastas, pizza, entrees.
They will open Wednesday at 4:00.

Attachment 71498
Attachment 71499
Attachment 71500
Bonnie,
Have they moved away from being a Cuban/Old Florida themed menu? We loved that! It is so hard to find good Florida seafood here! (except for Bonefish)
Closed Thread

Tags
good, night, views, havana, selection

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.