Villages area restaurants

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2013, 07:04 AM

Amen
Old 11-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran member

My landscaper who is Mexican recommended Coyote Rojo for real inexpensive Mexican food. We took their advice and drove to Bushnell to try it. It was excellent.......place was crowded with families........food was well prepared.......wait service was excellent and attentive and the meal was very inexpensive. Worth a try. See attached website

Coyote Rojo Mexican Restaurant - Home
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Gold member

We love Bonefish, it is great, but our favorite restaurant of all is Luigino's. The staff is the best and the food is always great. We go there a lot.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:07 AM

There is something said for convenience of restaurants in The Villages and we've only ad two events I can think of where the meals were sub-par, once at Ruby Tuesday's in SS and a lunch at Glenview but the Glenview one, I'll give them a pass as we've had good meals in the past. I have to share one event (it was a 2 for 1 drinks) at Cody's Roadhouse. The waitress asked if we wanted a drink before dinner. I said I'd have a Manhattan. My wife said that sounded good, "I'll have one too." Our waitress brought four Manhattans. I waved my golf cart keys in front of her and asked if she would drive us home. We danced it off afterwards and made it home just fine. Sorry to take the long way around the barn but we are quite happy with our restaurant choices here. Little to complain about.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:30 PM

As an X chef and owner of a restaurant I can tell you that the chains around here have the attitude that you are 'a trapped audience'.
And for some reason they're right. I can't walk into half of them because they are filthy. But so is Havana and others. Panera strives to keep it clean and does a good job but for dinner I buy my fish from Sweetbay and look for good meat at all the stores.
I gave up and we eat at home and grill out three nights a week.
The waterfront has great grilled mushrooms and artichoke dip. Not an organized atmosphere but sit outside and enjoy. Head out of town and they are thrilled to see you. Also TIP. I've noticed some real cheap tippers because of their "fixed income".
If you can golf and own a golf cart you can tip properly.
I'll stop now.
best NG
Old 11-10-2013, 10:54 PM

I too become very concerned about the \lapses of cleanliness I notice in many local restaurants. Since we are retired, we have the time to drive a few extra minutes to enjoy restaurants outside the bubble in addition to the local fare. We have some good ones here but you will be happy to discover other good ones within a few minutes drive of TV.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Gold member

We love the Cody's at Lake Sumpter, but last week while we were in Ocala we decided to have dinner at the Cody's there. What a letdown. That restaurant is a disgrace compared to TV Cody's. Service was very slow and it was only about 1/3 full. The orders were messed up and the food was bad. We won't return to that one. We think TV chain restaurants are better than in surrounding areas.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:40 PM

ilovety

Very well put.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.