Waffle House coming to Lady Lake

Old 02-04-2024, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,157 Times in 5,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think the reputation of Waffle House for criminal activity is on a par with the hyperbole of STD's in The Villages.
Thats funny talking to my middle sister this morning and asked when they might come to visit.

She than brought up the subject of STD's. Firsts time hearing that in quite a while
Old 02-04-2024, 09:06 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,770 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Permits have been pulled for a Waffle House to be built in front of BJ's on 441 - between BJ's parking lot, Lowe's parking lot and United Southern Bank.
Yes, finally, LOL ! I am sure many will decry it, think, who needs one more dirty old waffle house, but this southerner will be a steady customer. Will be interesting to see on this site how many people do not want it to come, only because they personally will not be going...LOL !
Old 02-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBlt6 View Post
For all of you haters out there…get a life. What you have to say could be said of most fast food restaurants. Also, the people that go to Waffle House aren’t anymore “questionable” than anywhere else. Most are hard working individuals like truck drivers or people traveling the roadways. I visit a Waffle House every couple of years and love a great breakfast. Come on, stop complaining about every little thing that goes on in life.
Isn't that the truth. I never cease to chuckle at how "out of joint" some people get about any chain or retail establishment they just personally do not like or frequent, coming to this area...LOL ! Makes one wonder just how narrow a human mind can become, and for what reason ? I personally just don't care for Mc D's, never have, most of the world does. Why would I care if the build yet one MORE Mc D's ? ? I think it was someone on here once who said: some people's thinking patterns are as difficult to decipher as trying it smell the color yellow... or something along those lines...LOL !
Old 02-04-2024, 09:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Woohoo! More room for me!
Yes ! I agree with you. Leaves more room for us "real" (lol) people who are not used to flying to Maxim's in Paris just for breakfast..... And, after all, it's not like the area here doesn't have any $18-$25 breakfast places that have the fancy mimosa's, bloody Mary's, etc. Why does it anger people so to have places for ordinary folk so much ?
Old 02-04-2024, 09:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
I feel the same way about Whole Foods.
LOL, I love your reply ! Wonder why he was even dragging his family there anyway, people like ME, and many of my colleagues who taught at the near by university were in the WH nearly every weekday... surprised this guy would even bring his family in with us there, LOL ! I'm with you, rather be at the WH than some of the types in WF's...LOL !
Old 02-04-2024, 09:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I guess I missed the coronation.

LOL. LOL, LOL, love it, your reply made my day ! I guess I must have missed it too
Old 02-04-2024, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,929 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Thats funny talking to my middle sister this morning and asked when they might come to visit.

She than brought up the subject of STD's. Firsts time hearing that in quite a while
LOL! Some marketing rumors never seem to die.. . .
Old 02-04-2024, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,929 Times in 923 Posts

WH had the first breakfast burrito and coffee for under $5 about 15 years ago, I loved the place when traveling in the south.
Stopped at one on the way North way off the highway one morning just for the memories, and the
burrito was missing i think. . can't remember exactly, but i don't remember having it.

I'd rather have lots of choices here, for a once in awhile something different, than 10 McDs in TV
Old 02-04-2024, 10:54 PM

Love their pecan waffles! I have been to many Waffle House restaurants in MD and PA for decades; always got a good meal. And due to their low prices, I always left a 30% tip to help support those waitresses that are out there working. Another bonus, for true Waffle House advocates, is playing the song "Last Night I Saw Elvis At The Waffle House" on their jukebox. Have a laugh and check it out at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a998PjwsxI8
Old 02-05-2024, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Permits have been pulled for a Waffle House to be built in front of BJ's on 441 - between BJ's parking lot, Lowe's parking lot and United Southern Bank.
I predict that in the first year of operation the new Waffle House will be one of the busiest, most profitable locations in Florida. Villagers will make it happen.
Old 02-05-2024, 08:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,627 Times in 597 Posts

Most of the family never frequents WH, but they will make a u turn for the HOT sign at KK. Southerners staple healthy or not. Then if any are left bread pudding works to use day old donuts.

Waffle House has a timed maker, which if you ask very nicely they will let it beep for an extra minute to give a well done waffle. Since items start at $2 up to $12. It is a step up from Mickey Ds powdered eggs. Only real egg is on McMuffin, but you can request and wait 15 minutes for a actual egg on any sandwich

Last edited by thelegges; 02-06-2024 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 09:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
LOL, I love your reply ! Wonder why he was even dragging his family there anyway, people like ME, and many of my colleagues who taught at the near by university were in the WH nearly every weekday... surprised this guy would even bring his family in with us there, LOL ! I'm with you, rather be at the WH than some of the types in WF's...LOL !
Some people don't realize the best places to order take out pizza when traveling is when they are in a college town.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:35 PM

Love their waffles.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:56 PM

All I know is when your child plays volleyball all over and the afternoon wave runs past closing time of most restaurants and your player needs to eat - you can always find a Waffle House wherever you’re visiting.
Old 02-06-2024, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,310 Times in 4,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post

You should have asked her if she was worried about catching one on her visit...

-Tom Petty

Tags
waffle, lot, parking, bjs, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.