Water in TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
What does this discussion have to do with area restaurants??
It goes to whether they serve filtered or unfiltered tap water.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
What does this discussion have to do with area restaurants??
Nothing. It is in the wrong category.

The original question was: I have excellent water here in Minnesota. Open the faucet and out come the goods. However this may be different in TV? I won't have a side by side for drinking water. What kind of water system do most people seem to choose in TV? Ie: for coffee, soup, drinking, washing vegies?

I prefer a water softener. I turned it off a year ago for health reasons and thought the water sucked. I had the water softener renovated and am now happy.

From reading all of the TOTV forums on water, I find that everyone has different taste buds when it comes to water. I agree with one poster who said to try the water out of the tap and decided if you like it or not.

I did not like it. Too chlorine tasting to me. And too hard. I like the water softener because it saves me money on soaps and detergents. And my skin feels better after a shower. But then that is my preference.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

Here's some more recent information on fluoride; even the CDC and ADA now concede that it is not good for teeth. This info is from www.mercola.com, the website of Dr. Mercola, MD

CDC and ADA Now Advise to Avoid Using Fluoride - Posted By Dr. Mercola |
November 13 2010

A new study in the Journal of the American Dental Association finds once again that, contrary to what most people have been told, fluoride is actually bad for teeth.

Exposure to high levels of fluoride results in a condition known as fluorosis, in which tooth enamel becomes discolored. The condition can eventually lead to badly damaged teeth. The new study found that fluoride intake during a child's first few years of life is significantly associated with fluorosis, and warned against using fluoridated water in infant formula.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is of a similar opinion. According to their website:

"Recent evidence suggests that mixing powdered or liquid infant formula concentrate with fluoridated water on a regular basis may increase the chance of a child developing ... enamel fluorosis."

Sources:
Journal of the American Dental Association October 14, 2010; 141(10):1190-1201

CDC May 28, 2010

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Sage

Freeda - If you believe everything Dr. Mercola writes on that website well I have some land....

I'm not saying everything is hogwash but there is a lot of exaggeration and slightly misleading info going on. I used to follow him and for the most part I think the main idea is to get you to subscribe to the monthly bulletin so you'll buy their products.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Veteran member

One reason to have your shower water softened is that hard water is very irritating and drying to your skin
Old 01-07-2011, 08:37 PM

Hard water is also very hard on the pipes . . . over time it can cause pin hole leaks.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:03 PM

Water in the Villages is pre-treated before delivery, but as in many such systems taste is an issue. We easily resolve this with a Brita filter on a pitcher kept in the refridgerator.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Veteran member
Question

The water tastes fine to me but the Vet said use bottled water for Rover.????
Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 PM

For myself I think the water here tastes fine (through the fridge). It's a non-issue for me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.