What happen to bon-i-fay???

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Default What happen to bon-i-fay???

went there today for a $3 martini..and they don't serve it any more...ever since they open orange bloosom...they want YOU to purchase a loyalty card ($20)..to get good deals...BUT you have to go there and spend $$$ 20 times a month....hello?????? thats 5 FIVE times a week??!!??!! wow...are they dreaming???? i don't know of anyone who goes out to eat the same place 5 times a week....what happen....these 4 c/c joined together..and are going to fail...if they pull this stuff on their customers...bon-i-fay has great food....but 20 TIMES a month ?? insane !!!

it's a shame things change around here..and not always for the best...some c/c just get tooo big...and they lose customers...i always remember my dad saying you take care of your customers and THEY will take care of YOU !! not anymore i guess..they get tooo big and don't need your business...went there today...not a soul there...hmmmm i wonder why ????
Old 12-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Platinum member

Don't buy the card !!!!!!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Gold member
Default Complaining...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
went there today for a $3 martini..and they don't serve it any more...ever since they open orange bloosom...they want YOU to purchase a loyalty card ($20)..to get good deals...BUT you have to go there and spend $$$ 20 times a month....hello?????? thats 5 FIVE times a week??!!??!! wow...are they dreaming???? i don't know of anyone who goes out to eat the same place 5 times a week....what happen....these 4 c/c joined together..and are going to fail...if they pull this stuff on their customers...bon-i-fay has great food....but 20 TIMES a month ?? insane !!!

it's a shame things change around here..and not always for the best...some c/c just get tooo big...and they lose customers...i always remember my dad saying you take care of your customers and THEY will take care of YOU !! not anymore i guess..they get tooo big and don't need your business...went there today...not a soul there...hmmmm i wonder why ????
about choices...*sigh*
Old 12-16-2014, 10:20 PM

Per the OP there seems to be a link between the loss of the $3 martini and the start of the $20 Loyalty Card.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Eternal Member

There is always a choice. Just buy the card or don't buy the card. Simple as that. No biggy.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:32 PM

I believe the OP is referring to the ad in the paper that said with the loyalty card you could get $3.00 martinis.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
I believe the OP is referring to the ad in the paper that said with the loyalty card you could get $3.00 martinis.
Yes. Bonifay did have the $3.00 martini, but now it is only if you have the loyalty card and it's good at all of their restaurants.
If you like martinis, the loyalty card will pay for itself if you compare what martinis are other places.
Most places sell martinis $6 - $7. That's a savings of $3 - $4 per martini. Sounds like a great deal to me. 6 - 7 martinis will pay for the $20.00 loyalty card.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
There is always a choice. Just buy the card or don't buy the card. Simple as that. No biggy.
I think what she's complaining about is that there used to be $3 martinis and now there aren't unless you spend some extra money. So basically they've raised their prices.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:26 PM

All these afore mentioned country clubs also did away with the $3 Margarita special. We found out two days after they went up and were not told by the bartender until it was time to cash out. Not that it's going to break me, but at the new price of $4.50 each, and by the time you buy two drinks (wife & I) it now equals what three drinks used to cost! Throw in a couple dollars tip and you are now up to $11 for two drinks. I thought they hit on a good thing with the $3 drinks as we would usually drink a couple Margaritas each and then stay on for dinner! Now we don't. I have noticed that food and drinks were cheaper around tv during the summer months here and that many restaurants were offering a lot more coupons in the papers. I guess it's snowbird plucking season now. I never could understand this mentality. If I owned a restaurant here, I would still offer the incentives to attract even more customers while maintaining year round loyalty to the ones that live here full time.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Veteran member

I'm sorry to hear that the $3 martinis are gone. It was a good deal, and great while it lasted. I don't understand the "indignation" that some folks have about a restaurant changing or doing away with "specials", but I agree that the concept of a "loyalty card" for a CC restaurant is not very "classy".
Old 12-17-2014, 12:27 AM
Veteran member

If you advertise the loyalty card brings with it the 3 dollar martini then cancel the deal after the card was bought then it seems to me something is rotten in Denmark.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
If you advertise the loyalty card brings with it the 3 dollar martini then cancel the deal after the card was bought then it seems to me something is rotten in Denmark.
My understanding from reading this thread is that the $3 martini has not been canceled,
but that you now need to purchase a loyalty card to get this special rate.
As Bonny pointed out, for martini lovers this card will "pay for itself".
Old 12-17-2014, 03:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It appears that everyone, including the restaurant owner, has lost sight of what a loyalty card is.

Loyalty cards are given out free when you make a purchase. When you make a certain amount of purchases, you get a bonus or in layman's terms -- something free. The loyalty card doesn't cost you one cent.

The loyalty card everyone is speaking about is a disgrace and another term would be screw the customer.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Yes. Bonifay did have the $3.00 martini, but now it is only if you have the loyalty card and it's good at all of their restaurants.
If you like martinis, the loyalty card will pay for itself if you compare what martinis are other places.
Most places sell martinis $6 - $7. That's a savings of $3 - $4 per martini. Sounds like a great deal to me. 6 - 7 martinis will pay for the $20.00 loyalty card.
Anyone selling Martinis for $3 is probably using something akin to rubbing alcohol instead of quality Gin/Vodka.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

Do prices vary depending on the season? Some beach communities have lower prices during the off season for the "locals" and the summer they charge more, because they can. Is it possible the specials will return when the snow birds leave?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.