Where to go for breakfast

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 AM

Once a week, hubby and I treat ourselves to breakfast. Here's some that we have tried and enjoy: Panera Bread, TooJay's, Perkins, Cracker Barrel, Country Inn (441), Billy's (441). We have not had a chance to try Katie Belle's or Golden Coral. We have tried Veranda and it's okay.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Sage

I guess I got to try Billy's. Where exactly is it on 441?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM

Across frpm Lowes
Old 08-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats2010 View Post
I am a dull guy because I always eat breakfast at home. Banana and yogurt swallowed with vitamins and coffee.
Oh. All this time I thought you were a she.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by copiague View Post
I think your wrong about Havana's breakfast, I think they have a great breakfast!
I must disagree. Havana has the worst breakfast I have ever tried to eat. I felt sorry for the waitress when she asked if everything was alright. There is certainly the possibility that I had it on a bad day. but when there, I had eggs, potatoes and some kind of meat.

The Eggs were like powdered eggs I had in Viet Nam.

The potatoes went from burned to crunchy. I think they went on the grill but was never turned over while cooking.

Now the meat: They were sausage looking links that when tasted, I thought they may be made from chicken, or vegetable. Whatever they were made from, they were without any flavor that I could recognize.

Its sad for me because Havana is my favorite golf course, it has great atmosphere and its only a few short minutes from our house.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:06 AM
Smile Breakfast

Hubby and I recently arrived in TV, and we tried Havana. Lovely restaurant, beautiful view. Food? Awful. Made Hubby sick, and he refuses to set foot in the door. Unfortunate because we are just up the street. We like TooJays in LSL, they're consistent.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDaze View Post
Hubby and I recently arrived in TV, and we tried Havana. Lovely restaurant, beautiful view. Food? Awful. Made Hubby sick, and he refuses to set foot in the door. Unfortunate because we are just up the street. We like TooJays in LSL, they're consistent.

Hang in there. It is aways possible to go under a management change or even a shakeup in the kitchen. I have tried breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Havana, so it will take an overhaul for us to go back, but that could happen and I will watch for it. I hope so if for no other reason than the great location for us.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Smile Breakfast

Thanks Lou! I'm going to let the dust settle before I push Hubby again to go to Havana. He was really sick from it. I do hope the get their act together. From what I've heard, it's a father/daughter ownership, he's never there and she has no restaurant experience. But it's just so close to my house, and would be just a lovely stroll to a from. All that aside, Toojay's in LSL, and ask for Diane, she is just a fantastic waitress.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDaze View Post
Thanks Lou! I'm going to let the dust settle before I push Hubby again to go to Havana. He was really sick from it. I do hope the get their act together. From what I've heard, it's a father/daughter ownership, he's never there and she has no restaurant experience. But it's just so close to my house, and would be just a lovely stroll to a from. All that aside, Toojay's in LSL, and ask for Diane, she is just a fantastic waitress.
Don't know about the father/daughter thing, but I was told he is not there alot due to his wife being very ill. Some of the staff is very aware of the comments that are posted here about Havana and take it seriously.

Don't give up on them. I'm sure things will turn around. To be fair, We've had bad service and bad food at Katie Belle's and Cattle Barons also.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy D View Post
Don't know about the father/daughter thing, but I was told he is not there alot due to his wife being very ill. Some of the staff is very aware of the comments that are posted here about Havana and take it seriously.

Don't give up on them. I'm sure things will turn around. To be fair, We've had bad service and bad food at Katie Belle's and Cattle Barons also.
Have had second rate at Katie Belle's/Cattle Barons also. Not all the time.

The staff has always been very good at Havana to us. I feel sorry for them. It is only the cooking of the food. Get that kitchen in order and it will be as nice to go to as any club in the villages.

The clubs that we have been to several times with good food every time have been Lopez and Cane. We had the Sunday buffet at Hacienda Hills last Sunday and wow was it ever good. A chef cooked my omelet with peppers and garlic on the spot. I wanted to take him home with me. Not sure yet if their breakfast is good during the week, but on Sunday, it was very very good.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

I didn't mention Billy's Cafe before because it's off campus. However, they do have the best home-fries that I've had in a long time. Cracker Barrel is very good but quite a trip by golf cart unless you live in or near the historic side. Cain is certainly my favorite on the south side for lunch but haven't tried them for breakfast. Think I'll give TooJays a shot tomorrow.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
You're asking about my favorite meal, breakfast. The Veranda as mentioned is nice, but has neither hash browns or home fries. Never heard of a restaurant serving breakfast that you couldn't get potatoes. Katie Bells is one of our favorites but only has breakfast now Fridays thru Sunday. Bob Evans is good and there is a little place that I can't remember the name in the shopping center with Publix on 466 that sets out in the parking lot near Ace Hardware. Too Jays is also good, but very busy.
Wow, more weird I think of breakfast as the most important meal of the day.
Is it the Sunrise Cafe?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Veteran member

Tried TooJays today for breakfast and had the best Eggs Benedict and home-fries ever. I thought Billy's had the best home-fries but now they are a close second. However, the service at TooJays was terrible. It took 20 minutes to get a glass of water and a straw. 40 minutes to get food. Entrance was very chaotic. Don't get me wrong, all the people seemed friendly and helpful, but it was still very slow. I overheard two tables near me complain that their order was wrong. The staff was willing to fix it but... My favorite is still Katie Belle's breakfast buffet on Friday and Saturday.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
Tried TooJays today for breakfast and had the best Eggs Benedict and home-fries ever. I thought Billy's had the best home-fries but now they are a close second. However, the service at TooJays was terrible. It took 20 minutes to get a glass of water and a straw. 40 minutes to get food. Entrance was very chaotic. Don't get me wrong, all the people seemed friendly and helpful, but it was still very slow. I overheard two tables near me complain that their order was wrong. The staff was willing to fix it but... My favorite is still Katie Belle's breakfast buffet on Friday and Saturday.
TooJays does get very crowded during regular peak mealtimes. I usually try to go off peak.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenj View Post
Wow, more weird I think of breakfast as the most important meal of the day.
Is it the Sunrise Cafe?
It is the Sonrise cafe. It is backed by a religious group. One of my favorites.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.