Where to go for breakfast

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2010, 07:49 AM

Another vote for Katie Belles on Sat/Sun. Sounds like we will have to try Billie's Cafe for breakfast, They seem to have irregular hours, tho. Hubby will not go to Havana again. He got burned out a while back after several bad meals and bad service. Yesterday his golf group decided to try them again after morning round; said they had improved. Hubby had their chili and was sick all afternoon/evening. Unfortunately we were scheduled to go out for dinner last evening and he could only sit while we all ate. He said Havana's service had not improved either.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Seems most of these places open at 8:00 AM. I know I am not the usual, but I go to breakfast at 6:30, or 7:00 AM at the latest. Is there any really good place that is open early?
Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Eternal Member

I ate at Beef O'Bradys in Mulberry this morning. Good food and lots of it. They are open from 7 AM - 11AM

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Sage

I think Toojays is a good choice. I believe they open at 8:00 AM.

I haven't tried them all but I did eat at Toojays during my LSV and had the big breakfast. I thought their oatmeal was great and the waffle was excellent.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Platinum member

In an earlier thread, someone suggested the Cottage Inn on 441 just South of CR 466. Lady Lake for breakfast. It opens promptly at 7:00 am and has a regular breakfast following with all of the locals on their way to work.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
No, that's not it. It has a funny or catchy name. It sets out in the parking lot, has only about a dozen tables, the staff is very nice and the food is good. If someone doesn't come up with a name I'll have to drive by and let you know.
Think maybe it is the Village Eatery..........The Silver Cricket in LL at 27 and Old Dixie have good breakfast as well as our own HAVANA COUNTRY CLUB..........
Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 AM

Where, exactly, is Lil Bits? I cant find the referenced shopping center on any map.

Lost in TV.

Brooklyn, NY
Margate, FL
Gillette, WY
Cape Cod (Brewster), MA
Coral Springs, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Boynton Beach, FL
Pennecamp 10/29/10
Old 12-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Veteran member

If you're driving the golf cart, there's a tunnel going under Belvedere just past Crispers. Take the tunnel and then turn right. The plaza has a tile shop on the corner. Lil Bits is about 2/3 of the way down next to a pet shop.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I ate at Beef O'Bradys in Mulberry this morning. Good food and lots of it. They are open from 7 AM - 11AM
Good to hear that because there was nothing in the north end of the Villages (except Lopez pool bar). . . I like Son-Rise for breakfast and like giving my business to individual families who are trying to make it instead of major cooporation. I do know that Beef O'Bradys on 42 is locally owned so I'll give it a try for sure!

RI/AL/TX/CA/AK/MA/RI/The Villages . . .
Old 12-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post
Good to hear that because there was nothing in the north end of the Villages (except Lopez pool bar). . . I like Son-Rise for breakfast and like giving my business to individual families who are trying to make it instead of major cooporation. I do know that Beef O'Bradys on 42 is locally owned so I'll give it a try for sure!

RI/AL/TX/CA/AK/MA/RI/The Villages . . .
I was hoping that the new VA center would bring us some more options but that hasn't happened yet. Glenview used to have a nice breakfast but I haven't been there in a while so I don't know.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Do any of them serve Scrapple?, havent been able to find that yet. The only Ga. ice cream (grits) I can find is at Cracker Barrel.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky-30 View Post
Do any of them serve Scrapple?, havent been able to find that yet. The only Ga. ice cream (grits) I can find is at Cracker Barrel.
I find grits at a lot of restaurants. Unfortunately some are soupy and some are overly dry/lumpy. Too-Jays does a pretty good grits.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen any served around here yet, but I haven't been to all the places. I'm heading home Wednesday and will get a bite there. Maybe a mackeral breakfast!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
We like scrapple and have purchased some at Publix.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 01-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to E_Aven
Default Restaurants for Breakfast or Lunch

The Hollywood Cafe opened its door in September of 2010. They specialize in New York Bagels and Thumann Deli Meats from New York. They offer a breakfast for $3.99 incl. bagel, 2 eggs, home fries & coffee. They are located at 105 N. Main St. Wildwood, Fl. Hours Mon.- Fri. 8am - 3pm. They offer inside dining, delivery in Wildwood and a catering menu. You can visit their website at www.hollywoodcafewildwood.com or see them on facebook.

Last edited by E_Aven; 01-03-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: left out details
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.