Who has the best burgers in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2009, 05:04 PM

Too funny. I was just signing on to share my experience this afternoon of eating the best hot dog I've every had and saw this thread about hamburgers. I've never been much of a hamburger person, but the hot dog I was posting about was at Sweet Creams! Now I'm going to have to go again and try their hamburger.

I can add that their ice cream is very good also.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Hi Bare,

Have you tried a Portabella Burger? They are wonderful! We cook them on the grill and they are delicious.

Saute garlic in butter, baste the portabellas with the butter and garlic as you cook them. We don't eat meat, we are Pescatarians, and portabellas are a great meat substitute we use them in several recipes that call for beef.

Bon appetite!

Halle
Old 08-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,069 Times in 1,218 Posts

5 GUYS without a doubt. Juicy, tasty fresh burger.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Veteran member

I recommend the burgers at the Lopez country club pool cafe; I think they are delicious. Haven't been there for a while but they used to offer two for the price of one on Friday afternoons, so you could check to see if they still do. Those at the Glenview also taste great. There are many other locations in The Villages where I haven't tried them; so I am sure there are other good choices. (We should skip the bun though; or, at least half of it).

Here, as an aside, is some info on the subject of good-tasting burgers. Some may find this interesting; I did, when this demonstration was first shown to me. Yes, many fast food burgers taste great (they are often - I'm not saying that this is true of all brands - chemically engineered to taste great; but, unfortunately, to also have a long shelf-life - there's less concern about 'waste' this way). This is only about fast food burgers, because I do not think that the ground meat used in non-fast-food restaurants is, at least usually, as likely to be full of chemical preservatives.

To see for yourself, if you like fast food burgers, do this: buy one, and leave it in the bag, with the wrapper that the burger comes in loosened, in your car or some other place where it is exposed to air and the environment in the bag for a few days or weeks; or even years; and observe what happens to the patty (and, for that matter, to the bun; leave a few fries in the bag, too; or try this with other foods). At least with some brands, you will find that very little happens, other than the pattie becoming dehydrated and, therefore, shrinking in size and becoming hard. Bugs and ants, for example, will not eat it (so, should we?) Mold and fungus do not appear on it. It does not develop a 'spoiled' odor or appearance.

Ask yourself why; and whether you should continue eating that brand of burger, given that it obviously contains chemical preservatives not intended by nature to go into the human body; with the health implications of that. It is indisputable that ingestion of chemicals ups the risk for degenerative diseases, such as cancer and others.

I'm not saying that that all fast food burger patties are this chock full of chemicals; but I do know several brands that are. I haven't checked them all. But it shows that good tasting food is not necessarily good for you.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:17 AM

5 guys is never frozen food...

if i want frozen food i will go to walmart and get birdseye frozen junk...or any other fast food place like.

steak and shake..junk
burger king
mcjunk...and so on...

frozen food has preservertives and flavorings and added salt!!

Junk is not healthy..you get what you pay for!!

YOU FEEL GOOD AFTER EATING FRESH FOOD!!
Not bloated or sleepy!

five guys is # 1 and worth the wait!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedaClark View Post
I recommend the burgers at the Lopez country club pool cafe; I think they are delicious. Haven't been there for a while but they used to offer two for the price of one on Friday afternoons, so you could check to see if they still do. Those at the Glenview also taste great. There are many other locations in The Villages where I haven't tried them; so I am sure there are other good choices. (We should skip the bun though; or, at least half of it).

Here, as an aside, is some info on the subject of good-tasting burgers. Some may find this interesting; I did, when this demonstration was first shown to me. Yes, many fast food burgers taste great (they are often - I'm not saying that this is true of all brands - chemically engineered to taste great; but, unfortunately, to also have a long shelf-life - there's less concern about 'waste' this way). This is only about fast food burgers, because I do not think that the ground meat used in non-fast-food restaurants is, at least usually, as likely to be full of chemical preservatives.

To see for yourself, if you like fast food burgers, do this: buy one, and leave it in the bag, with the wrapper that the burger comes in loosened, in your car or some other place where it is exposed to air and the environment in the bag for a few days or weeks; or even years; and observe what happens to the patty (and, for that matter, to the bun; leave a few fries in the bag, too; or try this with other foods). At least with some brands, you will find that very little happens, other than the pattie becoming dehydrated and, therefore, shrinking in size and becoming hard. Bugs and ants, for example, will not eat it (so, should we?) Mold and fungus do not appear on it. It does not develop a 'spoiled' odor or appearance.

Ask yourself why; and whether you should continue eating that brand of burger, given that it obviously contains chemical preservatives not intended by nature to go into the human body; with the health implications of that. It is indisputable that ingestion of chemicals ups the risk for degenerative diseases, such as cancer and others.

I'm not saying that that all fast food burger patties are this chock full of chemicals; but I do know several brands that are. I haven't checked them all. But it shows that good tasting food is not necessarily good for you.
I like my occasional McD burger - especially the new Angus burgers. Hold the cheese and the mayo but only because I do not like cheese and mayo. Not because of any food fetish.

Anyway - so what would happen if I left a Five Guys burger or a Marguiritaville burger or a Lopez burger in a bag in my car for a few days or a week? I am sure it would become disgusting looking.

I have read many of your posts and I know you are a food aficionado - salads, etc instead of the meat at Golden Corral. Please do not try to ruin it for us that like some of the other things in life.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I like my occasional McD burger - especially the new Angus burgers. Hold the cheese and the mayo but only because I do not like cheese and mayo. Not because of any food fetish.

Anyway - so what would happen if I left a Five Guys burger or a Marguiritaville burger or a Lopez burger in a bag in my car for a few days or a week? I am sure it would become disgusting looking.

I have read many of your posts and I know you are a food aficionado - salads, etc instead of the meat at Golden Corral. Please do not try to ruin it for us that like some of the other things in life.
Hello!

From Merriam-Webster dictionary:
aficionado: a person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity.

Okay, I am okay with that. I am fervently interested in good food because it not only tastes great, but keeps us alive, and affects the quality of life; and I want to live in The Villages, and be healthy to enjoy it all, for decades! Who would ever want to leave this charmed and magical place?

To answer your query, I would expect that non-chemically-preserved hamburgers left in a car would break down in a natural manner (and as you say, would definitely look disgusting in the process), and would eventually return to the environment naturally, just as they would do if we ate them; and because of that other naturally meat-eating creatures would eat them, also, because they would recognize them as food; they eat only for nourishment, not for entertainment.

Chemically preserved hamburgers, on the other hand, would virtually never look disgusting; just get smaller and harder; but they would linger on and on right there on the car seat, and not break down; that's one of the reasons we have so much colon cancer and other intestinal disorders in the industrialized world. Now, that, ruins things.

Actually, what I had said was that Golden Corral has good meats and other good protein foods, along with the salads, veggies, etc.

Not meaning to ruin anything for anyone; I think of all TOTV's as my friends, whether we have met or not.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Default Best Burgers!

Was in TVs this past week... got to admit I enjoyed the 'Turkey Burger' at Mallory CC... after a round of golf, the burger and beer combo was fine!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Veteran member

Beef-O-Brady's in Southern Trace, have them add a extra patty with some hot wing sauce. Now your talking a big and good burger.

Money out
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.