Why Can't We Have Drive-In Diners?

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I feel bad someone had a bad experience with Sonic's burgers. I totally avoid Mc'ds and burger king. Five guys is nice. I'd love to see In and Out burger come into this area.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:35 AM
Sage
Default Culvers has excellent burgers

Culvers has excellent burgers, other sandwiches, salads and frozen custard. Most Culvers are in the Midwest, but I noticed that Culvers is opening in Port Charlotte and Naples, FL. I think a Culvers in or near TV would do well. Much better than McDonalds or Burger King. Just my two cents.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:51 AM

I like Man Versus Food. They ended the show because Adam got fat from winning a lot.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Culvers has excellent burgers, other sandwiches, salads and frozen custard. Most Culvers are in the Midwest, but I noticed that Culvers is opening in Port Charlotte and Naples, FL. I think a Culvers in or near TV would do well. Much better than McDonalds or Burger King. Just my two cents.
Schaumburger: One of my favorite places in the Twin Cities.....How can you say no to a "butter burger" and their excellent french fries....and the ice cream and the fried chicken and the...........
Old 07-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Gold member

Oh Man - give me a good old NY diner anytime.

Good food, reasonable price and open 24/7.

Always stopped there after a night of . . . er. . . having fun !

Old 07-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Based on the comments from posters it appears we need more than one Good Drive-In Diner or Dive. If someone could really pull this off they will have a steady flow of customers. If someone does start I want them to know about French fries with beef gravy
Old 07-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

This thread is not for vagans.

I was watching Drive-In Diners and Dives on the food channel and wondered out loud why we don't have some places like that. My My Guy Feri has such an excellent job. I wonder if he would take on a trainee
you email the show and if the search on the resturant is what D&D is looking for they come out scout out the food, and it goes on the list...have been to several places that guy has been to, and its pretty cool to see the logo on the wall of the resturant from D&D visit
Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Gold member

Hunter House sliders from Birmingham, MI. MMM.
Jets pizza.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:47 PM

Have any of you Minnesotans been to Psycho Suzi's? I've never been there but am planning to go soon. Guy Fieri likes it and Yelp reviews are pretty good.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Sage
Smile

What's the point of putting up a special drive in for cars or golf carts? You can accomplish the same thing at Burger King, McDonald's or Wendy's. All you have to do is drive up to the window outside, place your order, park in their parking lot and eat!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 PM

A diner would be wonderful, but for new eateries I would favor a real deli where you could get a real sandwich (hot pastrami would be my first choice And real pickles! Oh yes, and corned beef on rye with lots of kraut and, well you get the idea.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:22 PM

I just wish we could have a great cafeteria like Lubys or Picadilly. It would be a perfect fit here. Great choice of great food and reasonably priced.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Veteran member
Default omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Based on the comments from posters it appears we need more than one Good Drive-In Diner or Dive. If someone could really pull this off they will have a steady flow of customers. If someone does start I want them to know about French fries with beef gravy
that is so delicious.....way better than the trend today of cheese fries...yuck.
gravy on french fries reminds me of my youth, and a Red Bull milkshake.....does anyone else know what that is?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:43 AM

Here's the problem I see about opening and operating a restaurant in the villages. And I speak from experience. Although everyone says they will patronize your business after you open, and they do for the first 2 months. It's very seasonal and although you're doing a booming business between the months of Oct.- April. Once the snowbirds head back home your sales decrease by almost 50%. Now remember your lease amount and CAM charges NEVER drop because sales have gone down. They actually increase every year. $3,750 a month is a tuff nut to crack for a 1,500 Sq ft space. Plus all your other expenses. Now I'm sure everyone's lease is different. So it may seem like a wise decision to do what you're all asking about but it could also be a very tough road. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I am saying it won't be a walk in the park. Just telling you my opinion.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:23 PM

Try breakfast at the Fruitland Park Cafe. Definitely a dive, good food and even better prices.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.