Will this bring fast food prices down??

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2023, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
"Will this bring fast food prices down??"

Probably not.
Won't happen right away because you need to recoup the investment.
Won't happen over the long run because there is inflation offsetting the efficiency.

"And more starter jobs will disappear"...............BINGO.
A prediction of increasing minimum wage to $15.
Your prediction appears to include the assumption a fast food buisness that they cannot fill these jobs at $15/hr could have a more positive outcome by paying less??? Please explain....
Old 10-25-2023, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycereal View Post
We'll never have to worry about a robot not washing their hands.
And they never call in sick, can work long hours without having to be paid overtime, don’t ever need to take breaks, perform repetitive tasks consistently without ever complaining, don’t have to be sent to sensitivity and diversity training, aren’t in a labor union, and don’t talk back to their supervisors. Raising minimum wages and employee benefits is the tipping point that will make them economically effective for many menial tasks.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:12 AM
Send a message via AIM to Nordhagen
Default Self checkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Agree, like Walmart self checking. They have more self checkers checking than they do checkout employees.
They always show up.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:55 AM
Default Labor shortages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
White Castle is using robots to make French fries. I would assume that making hamburgers will be next. With kiosks and robots, it seems that fast food restaurants will have significantly lower labor costs in the future. And more starter jobs will disappear.

White Castle is rolling out fry cook robots across the US
Labor shortages is a problem in our country . Many workers have to do the job of 2 or 3 workers which is unfair. It’s not about not wanting to pay for labor . They cannot find enough labor .
Old 10-25-2023, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
Labor shortages is a problem in our country . Many workers have to do the job of 2 or 3 workers which is unfair. It’s not about not wanting to pay for labor . They cannot find enough labor .

It’s problem cause 50% or more not working or want to work IMO.
Old 10-25-2023, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Best deal in town, Koyame lunch, entree (easily enough for 3 people) rice and soup or spring roll, $9, so fast food is Alive and well"
Old 10-25-2023, 11:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Your prediction appears to include the assumption a fast food buisness that they cannot fill these jobs at $15/hr could have a more positive outcome by paying less??? Please explain....
Wasn't my prediction......even though I agreed with it.......it was economist and finance peeps.

Push wages up for many brainless jobs, automation will become more financially wise.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:14 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Did the cruise line add an automatic gratuity for the robot??

18% like the other bars.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
18% like the other bars.
The robot does have needs so needs to pay for them. He had his eye on a cute one working ____.
Old 10-25-2023, 03:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
This is probably more related to an ever increasing percentage of total fast food sales being at the drive-thru rather than in the dining area.
Chick Fil A is a prime example of that.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
My wife and I were vacationing in Thailand some years back. It was my first trip there following our marriage. My wife is ethnic Thai, so that gave me a great opportunity to avoid the tourist traps, to travel and hang out with the family and see the real Thailand. I particularly enjoyed the street vendors in the towns (Bangkok, Khaenkhoi, Siekhieu, some others) we visited. My observation to my wife was that it looked like half the country was buying, the other half selling.

During one of our conversations I asked her about the Thai public welfare system.

Her reply: "Simple. If you don't work, you don't eat".

Our problem isn't a shortage of labor. Our problem is a government that pays people to sit on their collective a__es and collect money that the rest of us pay out in taxes. I think that a little of the "if you don't work, you don't eat" ethic would go a long way here.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
My wife and I were vacationing in Thailand some years back. It was my first trip there following our marriage. My wife is ethnic Thai, so that gave me a great opportunity to avoid the tourist traps, to travel and hang out with the family and see the real Thailand. I particularly enjoyed the street vendors in the towns (Bangkok, Khaenkhoi, Siekhieu, some others) we visited. My observation to my wife was that it looked like half the country was buying, the other half selling.

During one of our conversations I asked her about the Thai public welfare system.

Her reply: "Simple. If you don't work, you don't eat".

Our problem isn't a shortage of labor. Our problem is a government that pays people to sit on their collective a__es and collect money that the rest of us pay out in taxes. I think that a little of the "if you don't work, you don't eat" ethic would go a long way here.
Except, she is incorrect.

Quote:
Thailand has a relatively comprehensive social protection system. There are 44 non-contributory government welfare programmes that take care of people in all age ranges.
They also have universal health care, where treatment is completely free except on Saturdays. While their medical care is considered fairly good, they have long wait times and outdated equipment.

They also have unemployment compensation. They also don't offer freedom of expression or assembly - their government has some restrictions on both. Their government commits torture and "forced disappearances" of people who violate their laws. There is no gender equality, or even any attempt at it.

So if you like the idea of "no work, no eat" then enjoy Thailand. I'd rather enjoy my retirement, and not have to work til I'm dead because of sub-standard pay.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:01 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordhagen View Post
They always show up.
They never leave!
Old 10-26-2023, 06:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The robot does have needs so needs to pay for them. He had his eye on a cute one working ____.
Somebody at Royal Caribbean loves the robots. They have a six of them handling movable video boards in the aft showroom on the Quantum Class ships.
Old 10-26-2023, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
They never leave!
Wait until they take over and they make us do all the work
Closed Thread

Tags
robots, food, fast, lower, disappear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.