Would like Cheddars in The Villages?

Old 01-16-2024, 07:12 PM

Doug - queue the fart sound...
Old 01-17-2024, 05:18 AM
Veteran member

I don't want to sound like a snob, because of the business I was in and lived in N.Y.C. I ate out a lot.
I break down restaurant into 3 types.
Fine dining where a person spends a lot of money to enjoy the experience.
Mid-range where besides a meal you are looking for a rest stop from the day.
Fast food nothing more than a fueling station for the body.
I don't care what you spend, I've gotten to believe the best place to eat is at home.
You know what is going into your meal, who is preparing it and if want you can eat your meal in your underwear.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:08 AM

Would rather have a Fazolis. Great Italian food under $10. Also, would like Little Ceaser’s for good take out pizza that is $7-10. I keep emailing corporate and I wish others would too.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:17 AM
Veteran member

No and no.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manza View Post
Stopped at the one in Wesley Chapel. Not only will I never eat at one of those again, I won't eat at a Cracker Barrel either. Absolutely the worst meal we have had in years.
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had a bad meal at Cracker Barrel, and we have eaten there a lot because of their trailer friendly parking.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR33 View Post
Write them a letter (or email) and tell them about the Villages they may not be aware of it?
that's pretty close minded, Darden HQ is in Orlando, they very well know what TV is, since a good number of them have relatives here. Maybe think demographics on what is a failing brand? You'd stand a better chance with getting cheesecake factory than a cheddars. Cheddars brand as a whole has gone the way of TGI, Applebees, etc.

Granted not many here think logically with this stuff, but you might want to before spewing nonsense like this. They aren't here to kiss our ......
Old 01-17-2024, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remembergoldenrule View Post
Would rather have a Fazolis. Great Italian food under $10. Also, would like Little Ceaser’s for good take out pizza that is $7-10. I keep emailing corporate and I wish others would too.
eeewwwww and that's what failing taste buds will get you. Keep up the emails it won't happen at all on either.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
eeewwwww and that's what failing taste buds will get you. Keep up the emails it won't happen at all on either.
Remember is price driven, not taste.

Old 01-17-2024, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
There is a sandwich with the same name at Gator's in Brownwood. I haven't had it in several years and I've never been to a Cheddars so I don't know how they compare.
Thank you for posting this. I just looked at Gators Dockside menu online and the preparation is exactly the same as Cheddars. I'm not sure what kind of bread Cheddars uses but I don't think it is wheat. This is Cheddars Monte Cristo............Access Denied
Old 01-17-2024, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
While the menu is pretty standard for a franchise, the sodium content is far too high for us to consume. Monte Cristo with processed meat, then battered and deep fried, is ok at Cheddars, but the once a year to eat badly we get one of the best MC’s from a secret menu at magic kingdom, and split it
It is a good idea to split the Monte Cristo and that is what my husband and I do. We "Mix and Match" the Monte Cristo and the Grilled Pecan Chicken salad. Top is off with a Chardonnay and we are good to go.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
When we go to Orlando or Westley Chappel, we go to Cheddars for lunch. There is a Cheddars in Ocala too. We really enjoy their menu and the food is great. I have always thought Cheddars would be a real hit with Villagers. Would you like Cheddars to come here?

This is their website with the menu.......
Access Denied
Darden's bought Cheddars in 2017. Last count I saw 164 franchises and company owned restaurants.

Many Cheddars in Florida closed this year but their website states they are opening new locations.

A more upscale atmosphere than Gators - reasonably priced in today's market.

Maybe there's hope for the OP.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remembergoldenrule View Post
I had forgotten about Fazolis. We ate there a lot when we lived in TX. Have to agree. There's one on 27 north of Walmart. Ceaser's is okay pizza that is fast and cheap, but honestly not much different than getting a frozen DiGiorno pizza and fixing it at home even cheaper and no need to drive anywhere.
Old 01-17-2024, 10:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
... and if want you can eat your meal in your underwear.
I'd rather use a plate.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:51 AM

I went to Gator's Dockside last month just for the Monte Cristo, still one of my favorite sandwiches.
Cheesecake Factory has a Monte Cristo but I haven't ordered it. They do strawberry instead of raspberry and that just ain't right! We go to Orlando every few months to meet up with relatives at Cheesecake. Wish it was closer.
Also, there is a Little Ceasar's right on 466A in Fruitland Park. I happen to like that deep dish style.
I have never been to a Cheddars.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 01-17-2024, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
When we go to Orlando or Westley Chappel, we go to Cheddars for lunch. There is a Cheddars in Ocala too. We really enjoy their menu and the food is great. I have always thought Cheddars would be a real hit with Villagers. Would you like Cheddars to come here?

This is their website with the menu.......
Access Denied
I agree. I sent them an email about a year ago, stating that they should put a Cheddars south of State Road 44 in The Villages. They responded to me that they were interested and would look into it.

Tags
cheddars, thought, real, hit, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.