You have to go to Havana CC for dinner and an evening of singing waiters/waitresses!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Default You have to go to Havana CC for dinner and an evening of singing waiters/waitresses!!

Tonight my husband, mother-in law and myself went to Havana CC for dinner and an evening of singing waiters/waitresses.....You must all go. BUT, make a reservation first. It was an amazing evening. The service was excellent, the food great, and the singing absolutely amazing. Better than any show I have ever seen in the Villages. The new management is excellent. I can't say enough except you must go and see it for yourself. I can't wait to go back.
I've complained in the past about this place, the change is amazing! Please go and don't forget, you need to make a reservation. Do so for 5:00pm or 5:15....I promise you won't be sorry.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Veteran member

I cant believe the food is great at Havana. No I'm not going
Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We went Saturday night and I must agree with all you have said. However the food was REALLY bad. I want this place to succeed but they must get decent food service. I had steak Gorgonzola over pasta. The steak was dried and hard, the sauce tasted like paste and the pasta was mush. we also had calamari as an appetizer and it was greasy and cooked to almost burnt. I am not panning the restaurant because I did love the concept and the personnel were eager to please but a food service establishment must have decent food. I hope they can turn out some good food because I REALLY WANT TO GO BACK.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
Tonight my husband, mother-in law and myself went to Havana CC for dinner and an evening of singing waiters/waitresses.....You must all go. BUT, make a reservation first. It was an amazing evening. The service was excellent, the food great, and the singing absolutely amazing. Better than any show I have ever seen in the Villages. The new management is excellent. I can't say enough except you must go and see it for yourself. I can't wait to go back.
I've complained in the past about this place, the change is amazing! Please go and don't forget, you need to make a reservation. Do so for 5:00pm or 5:15....I promise you won't be sorry.
sounds like a commercial.....................
Old 07-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Veteran member

Chris has tried everything to get people into his place. Maybe he should get back to basics invest whatever funds he has left in a top notch chef and quality ingredients and let him prepare the food properly. I can live with less than fast service, a mistake on an order but the food has to be edible, at least as good as diner food that most of us are familiar with. Why all the gimmicks?? The other 4 country club's around Havana seem to be doing OK.
A beautiful place but like a said before there are many other choices around Havana that are reasonably consistent with their food but for the people who like entertainment with their dinner and like what they are serving to eat than let them enjoy.........lots of choices for us.............
Old 07-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Platinum member

I have to go? Really? I've been there, the food was at best boring. Sorry, not to be a snob but singing kitchen help really doesn't excite me.

Oh, just for the record I am not a disgruntled former employee. DUH? Like anyway would hire me with my attitude.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

I think that this place needs is yet another thread on this forum .... that should solve everything.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 AM

We went and it has improved lot and the singing was great. Have this type of restaurant in Philly and we also loved to go there. Long trip now
Old 07-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Thumbs up Food and Music were really good!

My husband and I went to Havana on Saturday night for dinner! He had the Grecian stuffed pork loin and I had the Chicken Picatta. He really enjoyed his pork and my chicken was tender, juicy and flavorful with Angel Hair pasta and lemon butter sauce with capers!.

The voices of the singing waiters were wonderful. (We both have music back rounds so we are pretty picky) We enjoyed the music and the service was pretty good too. Some opera but mostly show tunes. I have read the negative posts re Havana and am glad that we didn't let them scare us away!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:46 AM

We went to Havana last night and thoroughly enjoyed the singers and the food. The singers are worth the trip alone. If you like Italian tenors (il Divo comes to mind) you will like this. It felt like we were in a little restaurant in Italy. The female sopranos added to the merriment. The singers were also the waiters, multitasking as they sang. It's quite a show, up close and personal.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
Chris has tried everything to get people into his place. Maybe he should get back to basics invest whatever funds he has left in a top notch chef and quality ingredients and let him prepare the food properly. I can live with less than fast service, a mistake on an order but the food has to be edible, at least as good as diner food that most of us are familiar with. Why all the gimmicks?? The other 4 country club's around Havana seem to be doing OK.
A beautiful place but like a said before there are many other choices around Havana that are reasonably consistent with their food but for the people who like entertainment with their dinner and like what they are serving to eat than let them enjoy.........lots of choices for us.............
Old 07-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

So happy that Havana has finally found their niche ( sp?), Many people like Katie Bells for the entertainment inspite of the marginal food.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Eternal Member

Went to Havana last night after our Parrot Head meeting. We got there about 6:15 or so. There wasn't an open table in the restaurant. We sat at the bar. The singing was awesome !
I ordered the Chicken Saltimboca and hubby ordered the Chicken Napoli. I have to say both meals were delicious !! The portions were huge so we both brought some home.
We ran into several friends having dinner there. Everyone we talked to was having a great time !
Old 07-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Veteran member

We used to go to Havana faithfully every Monday for the karaoke which has since stopped. We had reached the point that we always ate dinner at home before going there and just had drinks. When karaoke ended, we never went back. We have now had 2 experiences there, one good, one bad. On Monday we went in after golf. The place had only a few tables filled. We waited 25 minutes for someone to wait on us. We ordered and waited another 30 minutes and still no food. There also didn't seem to be anyone in the kitchen. We finally casked the bartender to send the manager over. We asked for our check for our drinks and said to cancel the food order. She was most apologetic and refused to give us a check for our drinks, so we just left.
We had already been convinced by friends to go see the new "show" on Saturday evening. We had a 6:30 reservation and were seated promptly. By 7, we had not seen a server. Saw the manager walk by (Alex) who actually asked us if everything was ok. We explained the situation and we had a server at the table immediately. Seems that she didn't know that we were her table. She was serving 3 other tables in the dining room and had 2 outside tables. However, after that, she took our drink orders and was very attentive the remainder of the evening. Alex revisited our table and told us that we would have desserts on the house for our initial troubles. The meal was good (Seafood fra diavolo) and spouse had sicilian steak which he said was also very good.
The entertainment is fantastic...these kids are good! They sing their hearts out while multi-tasking serving. One was actually tallying bills on the computer while holding the mike and singing!
All of this means that there are some problems that do still exist. I can't imagine why a server would have tables both inside and outside. By the way, Kris was also serving and left the managing to Alex!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

back on my list when we come back...is it too loud to have a conversation?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.