Braised Onion in Ocala

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts
Default Braised Onion in Ocala

In another thread, TheVillageChicken mentioned the Braised Onion restaurant up in Ocala. This afternoon, four of us were in Ocala at a ballet-school presentation and decided to give the restaurant a try. Our server, Mason, couldn't have been nicer. We started with some wines, cocktails and shared a crispy onion loaf as an appetizer. All good. My buddy and his date had the chicken pot pie and the liver & onions. All good. I had the crispy pork belly (with excellent mac & cheese) and my wife had the chicken & dumplings. All good, but my wife thinks that she makes better c&d. The two dessert-eaters had some Disaronno chocolate mousse. More good.

Before we left, a singing duet, Rick & Paige, started entertaining with some easy-listening songs. Not loud. Very pleasant.

Good company. Good food. All-in-all, a really good day. We'll go back.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
In another thread, TheVillageChicken mentioned the Braised Onion restaurant up in Ocala. This afternoon, four of us were in Ocala at a ballet-school presentation and decided to give the restaurant a try. Our server, Mason, couldn't have been nicer. We started with some wines, cocktails and shared a crispy onion loaf as an appetizer. All good. My buddy and his date had the chicken pot pie and the liver & onions. All good. I had the crispy pork belly (with excellent mac & cheese) and my wife had the chicken & dumplings. All good, but my wife thinks that she makes better c&d. The two dessert-eaters had some Disaronno chocolate mousse. More good.

Before we left, a singing duet, Rick & Paige, started entertaining with some easy-listening songs. Not loud. Very pleasant.

Good company. Good food. All-in-all, a really good day. We'll go back.
Thanks very much for the review. I've not heard of this restaurant but will put it in my "try" list.

By the way, I hope you got a standing O at the end of your recital. ::
Old 05-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
By the way, I hope you got a standing O at the end of your recital. ::
Yeah... but my toes still hurt.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Sage
Default Braised Onion in Ocala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Yeah... but my toes still hurt.

A good foot rub should solve that. ( PS, I have no idea how those get done.)
Old 05-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Veteran member

Great take on up scale comfort food. They also have an extensive gluten free menu (for those of you that have bought into that)

The braised short ribs are excellent and if they are having prime rib the night you are there .... I sincerely suggest you order it.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Veteran member

Been to the Braised Onion and liked the food. If you also liked Rick and Paige, you can see them here in the Villages on Wednesday evenings at La Hacienda.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.