McHale Roofing

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2023, 02:14 PM
Veteran member
Default McHale Roofing

We just got our roof reshingled by Mc Hale Roofing and highly recommend the company for the materials they use, the job they do and the customer service. Nathan, a most congenial fellow, who really know what he is talking about ,answered all our questions and the pricing was very reasonable and pleasantly below what we had heard to expect. Who could ask for anything more?
Old 11-13-2023, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

McHale’s is outstanding. Plus, they are one of few roofing companies who will take on small roofing repairs.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:44 PM
Default McHale Roof

They don't send a salesman to up-sell.
They send someone who has been there and done it.
It was like sitting with one of my sons asking questions.
And I counted the nails going in !
Old 11-13-2023, 10:53 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
We just got our roof reshingled by Mc Hale Roofing and highly recommend the company for the materials they use, the job they do and the customer service. Nathan, a most congenial fellow, who really know what he is talking about ,answered all our questions and the pricing was very reasonable and pleasantly below what we had heard to expect. Who could ask for anything more?
Just curious, did you ask them to tell you the various techniques for doing the peaks and the "valley's" and ask which they use ? Did you question them on which nail strips they use, how many to a strip ? Did you ask if "creasing" is a serious condition or a normal eventual occurrence ? My sons did roofing in high school for college money, and then through all their college and grad school years. Did they learn a LOT, there are so many ways to cut corners and if people are not REALLY careful about not only the questions they ask, but HOW they ask them... beware. Ask a retired roofer, boy can they tell you about all the ways to cut corners. Glad you found a totally honest one... they are rare birds for sure. Simple thing like using nail strips with fewer nails can make them many thousands, but can spell disaster to customers IF a big storm comes along !
Old 11-13-2023, 10:56 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara828 View Post
They don't send a salesman to up-sell.
They send someone who has been there and done it.
It was like sitting with one of my sons asking questions.
And I counted the nails going in !
Good to hear ! People who know nothing, nothing at all about roofing are really at risk to be told most anything !
Old 11-14-2023, 04:05 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Default Good job

They reroofed one of our Villas. Great job on time, cleaned up, & priced right.
Old 11-14-2023, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

careful with all the questions, most villagers want friendly, clean up after themselves and priced right. Even if the contractor did answer the questions correctly, still doesn't guarantee that they performed the job in that manner. .

all professionals in all occupations, including sports, know how to cheat.
The question is whether they do it or not. . . .
Old 11-14-2023, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Just curious, did you ask them to tell you the various techniques for doing the peaks and the "valley's" and ask which they use ? Did you question them on which nail strips they use, how many to a strip ? Did you ask if "creasing" is a serious condition or a normal eventual occurrence ? My sons did roofing in high school for college money, and then through all their college and grad school years. Did they learn a LOT, there are so many ways to cut corners and if people are not REALLY careful about not only the questions they ask, but HOW they ask them... beware. Ask a retired roofer, boy can they tell you about all the ways to cut corners. Glad you found a totally honest one... they are rare birds for sure. Simple thing like using nail strips with fewer nails can make them many thousands, but can spell disaster to customers IF a big storm comes along !
Yes to all. One son is an iron worker and one is project mgr. for Seaman's A/C. I even asked about the nails. As I said, I sat and counted the nails more than once and I told him I would.

I don't want someone trying to sell me a 35 yr. transferable warranty when I will be told to get a new one. Plus at 85 I won't be here! I paid the %^^% bond, that's it for the next owner.
Old 11-14-2023, 08:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
McHale’s is outstanding. Plus, they are one of few roofing companies who will take on small roofing repairs.
They did a $200 job for me, three years ago. Left bill for me and no advance pay.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:09 AM
Sage

Our Lantana model had rain intrusion at the front entry/garage from day one. Three calls to warranty didn't fix it. Husband caulked it and it stopped for some years. Then it started again. Every time we got a shower the water would migrate to the garage. So husband asked me to call a gutter installer to look at it. That breed of contractor is mostly unavailable due to all the building going on but, finally Stipes agreed to come by. Stipes said there was no problem with the gutter draining, the problem was the roof had a leak.

I decided to call McHale nearby in Fruitland Park, who promptly sent Nathan to look at the roof. He said this is a common problem with this model of house and that they have a very experienced roofer who knows how to fix it. They repaired it the next week, just in time for us to sign with a new insurance company. It has been about four months and no leaks so far.
Closed Thread

Tags
roofing, pricing, questions, answered, talking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.