Several police officers killed within 9 day span, last year about this time.

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2020, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Several police officers killed within 9 day span, last year about this time.

I was looking for positive proof of something I read on Facebook that a police officer was killed yesterday as part of the rioting after the George Floyd murder.

I didn't find it immediately, maybe someone else has the link...I read too that a Police officer was knifed in Brooklyn but not killed, yesterday..

Anyhow, I found this from CNN from last year about this time;

5 police officers were killed in 9 days - CNN
Old 06-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

The media will not care as it does not support its message
Old 06-04-2020, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
What a big wide brush...…….
Old 06-04-2020, 01:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Bogie. That was a lot of police officers that died last year in a short time. I wonder if anyone you know personally is a police officer?

I don't know any, NOW. But my uncle and grandfather were police officers when I was growing up. I didn't know anyone at all that ran afoul of the law or who was in prison. I have observed that both Uncle Paul, my dad's younger brother and my grandfather, all of his life were law abiding. Uncle Paul could drink beer pretty well with the rest of the German family, but I don't recall my grandfather drinking at all. Certainly no drugs for either of them.

We often feel comfortable with situations that we have some personal reference to. That may be the reason I am inclined to believe that this awful hatred extending to many innocent police officers and other races is wrong and very, very, unfair and sad.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bogie. That was a lot of police officers that died last year in a short time. I wonder if anyone you know personally is a police officer?

I don't know any, NOW. But my uncle and grandfather were police officers when I was growing up. I didn't know anyone at all that ran afowl of the law or who was in prison. I have observed that both Uncle Paul, my dad's younger brother and my grandfather, all of his life were law abiding. Uncle Paul could drink beer pretty well with the rest of the German family, but I don't recall my grandfather drinking at all. Certainly no drugs for either of them.

We often feel comfortable with situations that we have some personal reference to. That may be the reason I am inclined to believe that this awful hatred extending to many innocent police officers and other races is wrong and very, very, unfair and sad.
Explain and detail this hate being extended to police in general. Police through the world have been commenting and criticizing....you say how you know so many police..,why do you object to the worlds police ?

I have been in attendance at a few national police conferences....I have no need to tell you how I feel. I have posted hiw I feel about police, and the everlasting respect for them. You choose to ignore and keep beating to change the subject.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
It certainly seems that way. I tried to find some facts that are certainly public record and the record has been thoroughly gone over. I think you can request a removal of information from some of the browsers. I didn't know that until today.

I have lots to learn.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Yep, par for the course. Short on any facts, long on accusations.

Keep in mind...this entire thread ( and the subject is certainly valid and worthy) is another step to change the subject.

No listening or discussing the reasons for any of it....no discussions on the inane reactions....no espouse to the overwhelming facts that much of this lies at the feet of far right wing terrorists,
who have yet to be criticized in here (that I saw anyway)

You also seem a little short on publishing your overwhelming facts as well.
I have seen allegations, suggestions, even some well thought out theories on and in the media, that left and right wing groups, even the Russians are involved in fermenting the discord, but have yet to see overwhelming facts to the truth of any such stories.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
who have yet to be criticized in here (that I saw anyway)

You also seem a little short on publishing your overwhelming facts as well.
I have seen allegations, suggestions, even some well thought out theories on and in the media, that left and right wing groups, even the Russians are involved in fermenting the discord, but have yet to see overwhelming facts to the truth of any such stories.
"Three former US servicemen and self-proclaimed members of the far-right "boogaloo" movement were arrested on domestic terrorism charges and accused of carrying unregistered firearms and trying to spark violence during protests against police brutality."

Right-wing '''Boogaloo''' men arrested on terror charges, conspiracy to incite violence - Business Insider

Right-wing extremists planned riots at Las Vegas protests: feds
Old 06-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Sage

"As demonstrations spread from Minneapolis to the White House, New York City and overseas, federal law enforcement officials insisted far-left groups were stoking violence. Meanwhile, experts who track extremist groups also reported seeing evidence of the far-right at work.

Investigators were also tracking online interference and looking into whether foreign agents were behind the effort. Officials have seen a surge of social media accounts with fewer than 200 followers created in the last month, a textbook sign of a disinformation effort."

Officials see extremist groups, disinformation in protests - StarTribune.com
Old 06-04-2020, 02:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
"Three former US servicemen and self-proclaimed members of the far-right "boogaloo" movement were arrested on domestic terrorism charges and accused of carrying unregistered firearms and trying to spark violence during protests against police brutality."

Right-wing '''Boogaloo''' men arrested on terror charges, conspiracy to incite violence - Business Insider

I have read that, and reports accusing left wing Antifar activists.
Involvement along with others with vested interests, without a doubt
But 'overwhelming' evidence that this whole episode was a right or left wing plot, I think not.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I have read that, and reports accusing left wing Antifar activists.
Involvement along with others with vested interests, without a doubt
But 'overwhelming' evidence that this whole episode was a right or left wing plot, I think not.
I don't ever remember sYing "overwhelming" , but nonetheless I am sure that non existent organization BUT certainly a movement called Antifa is involved. Point is, some do not seem the least bit concerned about that. Some do not even discuss the REASON the protests exist.

The effort on this forum to switch to defending police officers is not only suspicious, but unnecessary. Suddenly, we have a thread about nothing but switching the subject...saying the facts have been "thoroughly gone over".

What does that mean and WHO went "over it" ?
Old 06-04-2020, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:

Those are the same ones you posted two days ago, I guess no more right-wingers have been arrested. As I told you then, I'll tell you now, for every right-wing group arrested there will be 1,000 left wingers arrested for vandalism, violence, rioting, looting, murder and disorderly conduct, in fact I can meet that bet in just one city. Chicago has arrested 1,500 rioters.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
When you are painting a media that's 80% or more of a particular persuasion, you need a wide brush.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't ever remember sYing "overwhelming" , but nonetheless I am sure that non existent organization BUT certainly a movement called Antifa is involved. Point is, some do not ....................
What does that mean and WHO went "over it" ?
From your original post, that for some reason has disappeared

.No listening or discussing the reasons for any of it....no discussions on the inane reactions....no espouse to the overwhelming facts that much of this lies at the feet of far right wing terrorists,
Old 06-04-2020, 03:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
No wider than the one used to paint those opposed to the rioters and anarchists as racists, homophobes and all the other isms.
Closed Thread

Tags
killed, police, officer, yesterday, read

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.