TOTV blocking TOTV blocking - Talk of The Villages Florida

TOTV blocking

 
Thread Tools
 
Old 09-27-2026, 11:22 AM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,894
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,746 Times in 706 Posts
Default TOTV blocking

Can't seem to access TOTV while traveling outside USA now

No biggie, as can always use a VPN, but I can't really think that foreign powers are trying to access the high-level information that is contained herein
 
Old 09-27-2026, 07:15 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 55,514
Thanks: 14,561
Thanked 5,048 Times in 3,094 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Can't seem to access TOTV while traveling outside USA now

No biggie, as can always use a VPN, but I can't really think that foreign powers are trying to access the high-level information that is contained herein
No conspiracy. Just has not been working real well.
 
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
SoxOfRed SoxOfRed is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Oct 2024
Posts: 67
Thanks: 89
Thanked 37 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Can't seem to access TOTV while traveling outside USA now

No biggie, as can always use a VPN, but I can't really think that foreign powers are trying to access the high-level information that is contained herein
I suspect it was just coincidence. It's been inconsistent lately.

I test this all the time and a couple days ago was the first time in a while I couldn't get in. With/without VPN, in TV, with/without various browser controls.
 
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,894
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,746 Times in 706 Posts
Default

Tried again today from the UK and was blocked. Set VPN to New York and it went straight in. Definitely don't want those pesky foreigners.
 
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM
SoxOfRed SoxOfRed is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Oct 2024
Posts: 67
Thanks: 89
Thanked 37 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Tried again today from the UK and was blocked. Set VPN to New York and it went straight in. Definitely don't want those pesky foreigners.
That is interesting. I was in Europe three weeks ago and had no issues.

But I just tested a Germany and UK VPN connection and they were indeed blocked.
 
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 13,611
Thanks: 1,127
Thanked 11,804 Times in 4,553 Posts
Default

It's doing a lot of blocking here in TV as well.
__________________
Mr. Helpful
 
Old Today, 09:20 AM
TOTV Specialist TOTV Specialist is online now
Administrator
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 78
Thanked 108 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Hello,

We had a lot of AI bots hitting the site and causing slow loads from outside the US. We have temporarily blocked IP outside the US for testing purposes.

Regards,

TOTV Specialist
 

Tags
totv, access, foreign, powers, high-level
Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.