Tesla Tesla - Talk of The Villages Florida

Tesla

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-21-2026, 09:22 PM
will1546 will1546 is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Villages
Posts: 191
Thanks: 360
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default Tesla

I see a lot of Teslas in the area. What do you think of them?
  #2  
Old 09-21-2026, 09:28 PM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 8,950
Thanks: 4,360
Thanked 12,700 Times in 4,170 Posts
Default

This should be interesting!
  #3  
Old 09-21-2026, 09:42 PM
fdpaq0580 fdpaq0580 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,838
Thanks: 368
Thanked 6,361 Times in 2,929 Posts
Default

Nice lookin ... mostly. The pickup is, imho, is hideous. EV's, in form or another, will eventually replace icè engines.
Speak up, owners.
  #4  
Old 09-22-2026, 04:09 AM
CarlR33 CarlR33 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Newell the place to be in the South
Posts: 1,857
Thanks: 801
Thanked 1,321 Times in 697 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
This should be interesting!
No kidding. I just got a used Model Y directly from Tesla and so far after a month it fits my needs well especially passing the gas stations. Yes, the electric bill is higher but not as much as the ICE.
P.S. if anyone is considering a purchase please PM me and I we can get a referral bonus.
__________________
I will say the things that others are probably thinking but afraid to say.

Last edited by CarlR33; 09-22-2026 at 04:18 AM.
  #5  
Old 09-22-2026, 05:04 AM
BrianL99 BrianL99 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 5,463
Thanks: 324
Thanked 4,647 Times in 1,965 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will1546 View Post
I see a lot of Teslas in the area. What do you think of them?
3% of all the new cars sold in Florida this year, were Teslas.

Tesla doesn't make the Top 25 vehicles sold in FL in the last 45 days. Best Selling Cars in Florida - September 2026 Rankings

About .5% of all cars registered in FL are Teslas. (Alternative Fuels Data Center: Vehicle Registration Counts by State)

I'm not sure 1 out of 200 should be classified as "a lot".
  #6  
Old 09-22-2026, 05:19 AM
Dave951 Dave951 is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 80
Thanks: 4
Thanked 58 Times in 32 Posts
Default

I saw a tesla in a pond a couple days ago. Self driving must not have noticed the water
  #7  
Old 09-22-2026, 05:44 AM
twoplanekid's Avatar
twoplanekid twoplanekid is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 7
Thanked 817 Times in 348 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave951 View Post
I saw a tesla in a pond a couple days ago. Self driving must not have noticed the water
I see some Tesla owners not using FSD which makes them like all other cars have the possibility of water landings. Having owned my Tesla Y for a year, I use FSD 96% of the time as I feel much safer doing so. I enjoy my Tesla and encourage others to seriously consider talking a demo ride in one. It is the way of the future like it or not.

Video of me going through a gate in the Villages.

  #8  
Old 09-22-2026, 06:31 AM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,951
Thanks: 6
Thanked 5,143 Times in 1,796 Posts
Default

I prefer the Hybrid cars. My wife gets 54 mpg driving around local areas with very minimal highway driving. She drives less than 500 miles a month so uses less than 10 gallons a month, that's pretty economical and no worries about getting a re-charge. She drives a 2025 Honda Civic.
  #9  
Old 09-22-2026, 06:37 AM
BrianL99 BrianL99 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 5,463
Thanks: 324
Thanked 4,647 Times in 1,965 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I s It is the way of the future like it or not.
Sales of EV's were down 27% over last year.

"The way of the future" is slowing down and the "future" is moving farther away.

EV Sales Decline Slows in First Quarter of 2026, Share Stabilizes Near 6% - Cox Automotive Inc.
  #10  
Old 09-22-2026, 06:47 AM
LeRoySmith LeRoySmith is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: The Enclave
Posts: 1,041
Thanks: 197
Thanked 840 Times in 395 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Sales of EV's were down 27% over last year.

"The way of the future" is slowing down and the "future" is moving farther away.

EV Sales Decline Slows in First Quarter of 2026, Share Stabilizes Near 6% - Cox Automotive Inc.
I think it's still coming but at the rate it should rather than being pushed down our throats at an unreasonable pace.

I'm looking forward to my first electric car, the simplicity, the novelty, the quickness, (the efficiency?) all have me somewhat excited. The experience of having an electric cart the past few years has opened my mind to EVs.

I think / hope they are still very early in their development and big gains are ahead. They need better range, better charging, more affordable and cleaner raw materials.

I've loved ICE engines all my life but it's time to evolve to include new things.
__________________
I've got a pool. I've got a pond. Pond's good for you...
  #11  
Old 09-22-2026, 07:16 AM
jrref jrref is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Osceola Hills, The Villages
Posts: 2,269
Thanks: 632
Thanked 1,220 Times in 702 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave951 View Post
I saw a tesla in a pond a couple days ago. Self driving must not have noticed the water
That was an older Tesla that didn't have self driving. If it were a newer Tesla with the latest software the car would have taken control and prevented the accident.
  #12  
Old 09-22-2026, 07:25 AM
jrref jrref is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Osceola Hills, The Villages
Posts: 2,269
Thanks: 632
Thanked 1,220 Times in 702 Posts
Default

We were skeptical about getting an EV because we had a Honda CRV hybrid and it worked great. When many of our neighbors got a Tesla and we rode around with them, we decided to get one. MY Honda CRV hybrid cost me $45,000 and my Tesla Model Y cost me $53,000 so there wasn't that much difference these days between a really good hybrid and a Tesla. We especially like the self driving feature. After using it for a month, I feel it's safer. The car has 6 eyes and I only have 2. Sure, sometimes I wonder why the car is doing what it is doing but at the end of the day, although I might not make the same driving move as I would in certain situations, the car is driving correctly. Now with the new crash avoidance software where even if you are not in self drive mode, if the car senses you are going to get into a crash, it will take over and try to avoid it. That would have saved that lady in the red Tesla who fainted and wound up in the pond. So, a Tesla EV is not for everyone but for us here in the Villages, I usually charge my car once a week and we are loving it. The car also drives better than my Honda CRV and is much quieter.

The only caution is if you get one, I strongly suggest you get a licensed electrician to have the Wall Connector (charger) installed properly. Here is a link concerning this extra expense when you get an EV. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...858-post1.html
  #13  
Old 09-22-2026, 07:35 AM
Bay Kid's Avatar
Bay Kid Bay Kid is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Posts: 7,048
Thanks: 1,778
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I prefer the Hybrid cars. My wife gets 54 mpg driving around local areas with very minimal highway driving. She drives less than 500 miles a month so uses less than 10 gallons a month, that's pretty economical and no worries about getting a re-charge. She drives a 2025 Honda Civic.
Our Avalon hybrid always averages between 50 -55 mpg. Great car.
  #14  
Old 09-22-2026, 08:25 AM
jebartle's Avatar
jebartle jebartle is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaZamora Village
Posts: 4,868
Thanks: 214
Thanked 1,209 Times in 465 Posts
Default

our kids all have Tesla, they love them. Im dating myself but remember when cars had distinct features, all SUVs and EVs look the same and the Tesla looks like a large Prius, need cars to have the “wow” factor without spending a gazillion! MHO
  #15  
Old 09-22-2026, 08:44 AM
Joecooool418's Avatar
Joecooool418 Joecooool418 is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Sep 2025
Posts: 266
Thanks: 7
Thanked 260 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Sales of EV's were down 27% over last year.

"The way of the future" is slowing down and the "future" is moving farther away.

EV Sales Decline Slows in First Quarter of 2026, Share Stabilizes Near 6% - Cox Automotive Inc.
Tesla probably will be out of the consumer car business in the next 10 years.

They haven't released a new model since that god-awful Cybertruck almost 4 years ago. They have been promising the new Roadster for almost a decade, and that's still nowhere close to being brought to market. Everything they now make is an old, dated design. There are no other consumer models in development.

Musk has said repeatedly that he wants Tesla to focus on AI and robotics. Tesla’s latest filing explicitly describes developing and commercializing AI as a central objective. His primary focus is Optimus—a human-shaped robot intended to perform physical work.
Reply

Tags
tesla, lot, teslas, area


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.