Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
An artificial intelligence-powered website designed to serve as an all-inclusive, centralized digital hub for federal government information and services. Spearheaded by U.S. Chief Design Officer and Airbnb co-founder Joe Gebbia, the site is built to act as a conversational "front door" to the federal government. It allows citizens to search across countless agencies and ask questions using plain, natural language.
Just a moment...
__________________
Making mirrors is a job I can really see myself doing.
|
|
|
|
#2
|
||
|
||
|
No thank you
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works. Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so. Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough |
|
#3
|
||
|
||
|
It's no different than the searches you'd do on a search website or searching on an individual website, just consolidates it all in one spot so it's a lot easier and more accurate.
__________________
Making mirrors is a job I can really see myself doing.
|
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
If it was the same as ChatGPT, Grok, or Gemini then I could just use those. If there is a desire for something different from a .gov domain, I’m not interested.
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works. Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so. Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough |
|
#5
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
__________________
I've got a pool. I've got a pond. Pond's good for you... |
|
#6
|
||
|
||
|
Not that I do not trust AI, but I would double check any references to websites before just clicking a link. I have personally seen too much misinformation or downright bad information using the AI agents. I would use this as a pointer to the correct agency, then go to the actual xxxxx.gov (or similar) website directly.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
|
|
#7
|
||
|
||
|
1 The .gov top-level internet domain (the www. address) is restricted exclusively to verified, U.S.-based government organizations.
Because the internet originated from a U.S. government-sponsored research network, the United States is the only country with its own dedicated government top-level domain 2 I quizzed it with the following: I gave it a birth date year and asked what percentage would my RMD withdrawal be before Dec 31 2026. It quickly responded with the % - not the formula by which you have to make the calculation. Looks like it is ligate. Good tool. FYI if anyone believes they have privacy in today's electronic world I have a bridge to sell them. |
|
#8
|
||
|
||
|
It is a nice idea. It is not clear whether it can be any better than existing LLM based AI tools.
The government agencies have a problem of the proliferation of different ID systems to access them. They have tried for a universal approach, but it is a mess across most agencies, e.g. SSA, FAA, IRS, FCC, etc. One problem that is hard to fix is a person may need different IDs for different roles - IDs for personal access, as well as IDs for roles in organizations where the role may not be permanent. Another problem is that what is correct today, may be incorrect tomorrow. Gemini has this problem even when responding to questions about Google's tools. This type of problem will be a permanent issue. Another problem is discovery of multiple approaches to a problem and identifying enough about each choice to allow the user to pick the most suitable solution. |
|
#9
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#10
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
| Reply |
|
|
|