Best Medicine on Netflix Best Medicine on Netflix - Talk of The Villages Florida

Best Medicine on Netflix

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-28-2026, 11:22 PM
Flyers999's Avatar
Flyers999 Flyers999 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 654
Thanks: 803
Thanked 323 Times in 192 Posts
Default Best Medicine on Netflix

This comedy series stars Joshua Charles as doctor Martin Best, MD, a big city doctor who moves to a small town in Maine. I'm surprised how quickly season 1 moved to Netflix, since season 1 premiered in January of this year on FOX. Season 2 premeired on FOX a few weeks ago. At this point I've only watched the first episode and would give it a thumbs up.
  #2  
Old 09-29-2026, 05:53 AM
PoolBrews PoolBrews is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 765
Thanks: 8
Thanked 659 Times in 311 Posts
Default

This show is a 100% copy of the original UK show Doc Martin. Unfortunately, the writing is far worse than the original, the actors are terrible, and the show was made to be the traditional slop the Big 4 traditionally put out (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC).

If you haven't watched the original, I highly recommend it.
  #3  
Old 09-29-2026, 12:51 PM
Pugchief's Avatar
Pugchief Pugchief is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 2,022
Thanks: 154
Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,004 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
This show is a 100% copy of the original UK show Doc Martin. Unfortunately, the writing is far worse than the original, the actors are terrible, and the show was made to be the traditional slop the Big 4 traditionally put out (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC).
All true, but at least the US version is in English unlike the UK version, which kinda sounds like a language I recognize, but still can't understand.
  #4  
Old 09-29-2026, 12:54 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20,098
Thanks: 3,626
Thanked 18,641 Times in 7,565 Posts
Default

British shows need to have actors who can speak American, not English. I can't understand English and won't watch it.
  #5  
Old Today, 12:10 PM
Flyers999's Avatar
Flyers999 Flyers999 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 654
Thanks: 803
Thanked 323 Times in 192 Posts
Default

It is the American version of Doc Martin. The main characters have different names but several of the other characters have similar first names. They left their jobs in the big cities for the same reasonThe town names are similar. Port Wenn vs Portwenn.
I don't have a problem with the British accents, which are a nothing burger compared to " back in the day." I use use closed captains anyway. My problem is the network which I'm not subscribed to.
  #6  
Old Today, 01:11 PM
LeRoySmith LeRoySmith is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: The Enclave
Posts: 1,065
Thanks: 204
Thanked 843 Times in 398 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
This comedy series stars Joshua Charles as doctor Martin Best, MD, a big city doctor who moves to a small town in Maine. I'm surprised how quickly season 1 moved to Netflix, since season 1 premiered in January of this year on FOX. Season 2 premeired on FOX a few weeks ago. At this point I've only watched the first episode and would give it a thumbs up.
Every time doc best comes into a scene I start looking for Alicia...
__________________
I've got a pool. I've got a pond. Pond's good for you...
Reply

Tags
season, doctor, fox, netflix, premeired

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.