Fiber optice providers in Spanish Springs Fiber optice providers in Spanish Springs - Talk of The Villages Florida

Fiber optice providers in Spanish Springs

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-01-2026, 09:19 AM
DrHitch DrHitch is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Rio Grande village and Cleveland, OH
Posts: 385
Thanks: 986
Thanked 139 Times in 106 Posts
Default Fiber optice providers in Spanish Springs

I tried to park this thread in computer questions, but no go..

I received an e-mail from Kinetic and it shows our address in Spanish Springs as being available for fiber optic internet service. Thoughts?

Were currently in Comcast Xfinity with no need for high bandwidth.
  #2  
Old 10-01-2026, 10:14 AM
npwalters's Avatar
npwalters npwalters is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,064
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1,408 Times in 448 Posts
Default

dont know about them but T Mobile is currently installing fiber. Their cost is reasonable.

I'm dumping Xfinity (Comcast) and going with them.
__________________
Pam&Nick

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
  #3  
Old 10-01-2026, 10:20 AM
jrref jrref is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Osceola Hills, The Villages
Posts: 2,278
Thanks: 634
Thanked 1,223 Times in 704 Posts
Default

It depends where you live. You can get either Quantum Fiber or T-Mobile Fiber (they are installing this now up north)
  #4  
Old 10-01-2026, 08:21 PM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 8,957
Thanks: 4,365
Thanked 12,702 Times in 4,171 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
It depends where you live. You can get either Quantum Fiber or T-Mobile Fiber (they are installing this now up north)
Are there any published maps available of where T-mobile is installing fiber in the northern sections? We would love to have an option besides Xfinity, which currently has a monopoly in our area.
  #5  
Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM
msilagy msilagy is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 567
Thanks: 129
Thanked 553 Times in 250 Posts
Default

I just got fiber optic up north and dumped Xfinity for my internet. Better service and cheaper.
  #6  
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM
ckcapaul ckcapaul is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Woodbury
Posts: 148
Thanks: 22
Thanked 73 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHitch View Post
I tried to park this thread in computer questions, but no go..

I received an e-mail from Kinetic and it shows our address in Spanish Springs as being available for fiber optic internet service. Thoughts?

Were currently in Comcast Xfinity with no need for high bandwidth.
We have it in Minnesota and works great.
  #7  
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 12,611
Thanks: 10,383
Thanked 13,622 Times in 4,749 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Are there any published maps available of where T-mobile is installing fiber in the northern sections? We would love to have an option besides Xfinity, which currently has a monopoly in our area.
Most, if not all, of the Historic Section is now ready for T-Mobile fiber home internet installation. They laid out the cable last month. It's POSSIBLE that the "unincorporated Lake County" homes on this side of the Villages didn't get the same treatments. But if you drive down a road and see little circles on the pavement next to sprinkler heads, that's T-Mobile's mark, so they know where to avoid. Most of those are pretty faded already, but still visible.
  #8  
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
npwalters's Avatar
npwalters npwalters is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,064
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1,408 Times in 448 Posts
Default

I don't know if there is a map or a published schedule. T Mobile is almost done installing in De La Vista North and I see them working in other villages nearby.

I spoke with an installation supervisor a couple of days ago and he says I will have service by the end of October.

T Mobile is also fiber all the way to the house vs cable on the road and coax to the house. At least, so he said.
__________________
Pam&Nick

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
  #9  
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 12,611
Thanks: 10,383
Thanked 13,622 Times in 4,749 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
I don't know if there is a map or a published schedule. T Mobile is almost done installing in De La Vista North and I see them working in other villages nearby.

I spoke with an installation supervisor a couple of days ago and he says I will have service by the end of October.

T Mobile is also fiber all the way to the house vs cable on the road and coax to the house. At least, so he said.
When they installed mine they ran a cable from the connection at the road, up the side of my house, around the back of the house, and through a hole they made in the master bedroom. The hole was covered outside and inside; the outside I believe is just a cover, the inside had some electronics under the cover. From that spot, they ran a cable - called a fiber optic patch cable (not a coax, or a cat5 or 6) to the router on my nightstand. And then there's a mesh box on a table in the living room, plugged into the wall. This allows us internet access anywhere inside the house, or in the back or front yard, on the lanai, in the man-cave, in the carport, even in the driveway near the road.

Then, they buried the cable that ran from the road to the house, maybe 4-6 inches deep at the most.
  #10  
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 8,957
Thanks: 4,365
Thanked 12,702 Times in 4,171 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
I don't know if there is a map or a published schedule. T Mobile is almost done installing in De La Vista North and I see them working in other villages nearby.

I spoke with an installation supervisor a couple of days ago and he says I will have service by the end of October.

T Mobile is also fiber all the way to the house vs cable on the road and coax to the house. At least, so he said.
Thanks for the update, good news, not very far from our homestead.
  #11  
Old Today, 11:58 AM
BobAugustine BobAugustine is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Here's what I don't understand.

Sumter County just paid millions of dollars to repave our streets. Then they give these people permission to install fibre optic.

No problem so far. But just about every place they cross the street (underneath) they heave the pavement. You would think the county would monitor this so that they did the right thing and didn't heave the pavement over and over again.
  #12  
Old Today, 04:20 PM
npwalters's Avatar
npwalters npwalters is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,064
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1,408 Times in 448 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobAugustine View Post
Here's what I don't understand.

Sumter County just paid millions of dollars to repave our streets. Then they give these people permission to install fibre optic.

No problem so far. But just about every place they cross the street (underneath) they heave the pavement. You would think the county would monitor this so that they did the right thing and didn't heave the pavement over and over again.
There is no evidence of "heaving" at any point where they went under the road or driveways near us. Drilling under solid surfaces has become commonplace.
__________________
Pam&Nick

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Reply

Tags
fiber, spanish, springs, service, optic

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.