Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
My group of golfing buddies have a new pet peeve. I'm usually not a complainer but maybe someone reading this will take note and it will help a little. There are golfers who wear shoes with cleats of some kind and seem to drag their feet or twist around near the holes, causing ruffed up areas on the green. Enough to affect the roll of a golf ball. It's very common on the executive courses we play. And annoying.
One of us affectionately calls them "Shufflers". Maybe this post will get the attention of some and help reduce this phenomenon before it takes over the world faster than AI. |
|
|
|
#2
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#3
|
||
|
||
|
That was my first thought when I saw the title but most of the people I see golfing of late actually look younger than I am. And aren't doing much of a shuffle.
|
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
It’s difficult to transition from crappy thong flip flops to lace up shoes?
__________________
I will say the things that others are probably thinking but afraid to say. |
|
#5
|
||
|
||
|
With wet greens, that's what's going to happen ... even without shuffling. It's that time of the year.
|
|
#6
|
||
|
||
|
Your hope for them to stop shuffling is about as likely as a 10-inch snowfall in The Villages on January 1st of each year. There are a lot of things to wish for on the Executive Courses (ready golf, only 1 ball hit off the tee, sand your divots, repair your ball marks buddy-up in golf carts, etc.) but it isn't really going to happen on even an 80% scale.
__________________
I'm responsible for what I say, not for what you understand. |
| Reply |
|
|
|