Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
I often see players taking advantage of the lax rules on the golf course... not raking traps... not putting rakes back... driving carts to the fringe of the green, etc. Although I applaud and understand handicap stickers, I don't understand why they would allow a vehicle this heavyAttachment 113563 as a handicap cart. Not only did the cart drive thru a soft area, but it also maximized its distance off-path, driving parallel to the path after completing the hole.
Last edited by Tomterrif; 10-04-2026 at 10:12 AM. Reason: cancel post |
|
|
|
#2
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
& not that anyone pays attention, but as I understand it, "handicap" certificates are not for Golf Carts, but for people. They don't get to go anywhere they want, for the other person in the cart ... unless they both have handicap allowances. |
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#5
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
I suspect at the Executive courses, it might be a different story. Given that the "Employer" of the Ambassadors is about to change again at the end of the year, things may be in flux for a while. With the Developer/owner taking full responsibility away from the District on the Championship courses and the District taking over full management of the Executive courses, prepare for changes. |
|
#7
|
||
|
||
|
Red/Gray Fox - I observed a handicapped gentleman with his cart on the practice putting green!. When he finished practicing, he just sat in his cart on the green. I felt sorry for him but allowing one person to do this can ruin the experience for all the rest. The greens are already pretty pathetic. I asked the crew at the tee shack about this and they had NO problem with it. Management of the Executive Golf Courses continues to amaze me.
|
|
#8
|
||
|
||
|
A new management system for the Exec courses, with a new Manager, begins on 1/1/27.
|
| Reply |
|
|
|