Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
|
|
#3
|
||
|
||
|
Usually, if a TV is more than 3 or 4 years old, or the screen is less than 40 inches or so, it is not worth the cost to repair it. If these are actually Roku TVs, you may be able to bypass the built-in Roku features and plug in a new Roku device to an HDMI input. Personally, I would not buy a Roku TV. You are better off buying a non-Roku TV and using an HDMI input to connect a separate Roku device.
|
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
What is wrong with the TV? Repairs probably cost more than getting a new one. Built-in Roku is not a good idea. Try using a different device like a Firestick or Google device and see if it works. That will tell you if it is the TV or the Roku. Maybe you can borrow a device from a friend just to test it. If you were close by I would bring one over.
|
|
#6
|
||
|
||
|
I just had an interesting experience with a "dead" 75 inch TV. I bought the Geek Squad 4 year warranty, long story. The TV would turn on and we would get sound, but on picture. The screen was actually working because we could see the menu items. When I plugged in another HDMI device the TV would show on the screen the device, and then no picture.
Turns on there was some kind of a BUFFER problem, Geek Squad worked their magic and in 10-15 minutes the TV was fine. My point is you may have some other problem like we did. I would do some research on your specific model TV and see if there is something you can do to fix these, like a factory reset or similar. I agree with many of the above comments, so if you cannot DIY, or use an external ROKU device, plan on new TVs.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
|
|
#8
|
||
|
||
|
For TVs, I prefer Costco because of their 90-day return policy vs the Walmart 30-day return policy. If you discover dead pixels or other issues after 30 days, you cannot return the TV to Walmart. You are stuck dealing with the manufacturer under warranty, which often will not cover dead pixels. Best Buy only gives you 14 days to return a TV.
|
|
#10
|
||
|
||
|
90% it is your TV'S power supply capacitors. Capacitor kits are available on eBay. You can id the bad caps without any electronics skill (they burst). No special skill to remove and solder in the replacements.
The root cause of failure is the undersizing of the caps to save cost. |
|
#11
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#12
|
||
|
||
|
Here is an example for a Samsung. Instructions on YouTube.
Error Page | eBay |
| Reply |
|
|
|