Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
If you've been completely overwhelmed by nothing but ads when you do a Google search in the Chrome browser, you aren't alone. Google has turned search into an advertising marketplace, not an information tool. This is why you’re seeing:
• Ads for insurance when you search for weather • Ads for shopping when you search for a product manual • Ads for services when you search for a simple definition • Ads for AI tools when you search for instructions • Ads for travel when you search for a map • Ads for finance when you search for anything remotely related to money This is not a glitch — it’s Google’s new business model Bottom Line Google Search is becoming nearly unusable because ads now dominate almost every category of search. This is a deliberate shift in Google’s design, not a bug. Most effective fixes include: 1. uBlock Origin (Best, Free) Blocks nearly all Google Search ads, including blended sponsored results. (AdBlock and others do not reliably block Google’s new ad formats.) I haven’t tried this yet, but recommended by Copilot AI 2. Switch Browsers Chrome now limits ad blockers. Brave and Firefox do not. Ublock works well on them and Microsoft Edge, according to AI. I’ve switched to Firefox and have much better search results than Google Chrome. |
|
|
|
#3
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
What you're apparently noticing now, is Google is re-vamping the way they display some advertising. Like any other business, they want to maximize revenue, but advertising has always paid the freight for you and I to use it ... FREE. That's why Google has been collecting so much information about you, me & everyone. The more they know, the better they can "target". |
|
#5
|
||
|
||
|
[QUOTE=dadspet;2539504]If you've been completely overwhelmed by nothing but ads when you do a Google search in the Chrome browser, you aren't alone. Google has turned search into an advertising marketplace, not an information tool. This is why you’re seeing:
• Ads for insurance when you search for weather • Ads for shopping when you search for a product manual • Ads for services when you search for a simple definition • Ads for AI tools when you search for instructions • Ads for travel when you search for a map • Ads for finance when you search for anything remotely related to money This is not a glitch — it’s Google’s new business model Bottom Line Google Search is becoming nearly unusable because ads now dominate almost every category of search. This is a deliberate shift in Google’s design, not a bug. Most effective fixes include: 1. uBlock Origin (Best, Free) Blocks nearly all Google Search ads, including blended sponsored results. (AdBlock and others do not reliably block Google’s new ad formats.) I haven’t tried this yet, but recommended by Copilot AI 2. Switch Browsers Chrome now limits ad blockers. Brave and Firefox do not. Ublock works well on them and Microsoft Edge, according to AI. I’ve switched to Firefox and have much better search results than Google Chrome.[/ Yes to Firefox… also if you have an Apple device use their browser. Stay away from Chrome! |
|
#6
|
||
|
||
|
[QUOTE=JRcorvette;2539529]
Quote:
BTW, Google pays Firefox millions to be the default search engine on Firefox. |
|
#7
|
||
|
||
|
I’ve been using DuckDuckGo for years and don’t have the advertising explosion.
I try to avoid ANYTHING Google, but that’s just me. I seriously hate their intrusiveness & domination. I like keeping my information “private” as much as possible. But again, that’s just me. |
|
#11
|
||
|
||
|
I use Google search on my Chromebook and have no problem with ads. Gives me list of choices and that's it. I must be doing something wrong....or is it right?
__________________
"If you don't know you were an idiot when you were young, you probably are still one."......Peter Gozinya |
| Reply |
|
|
|