Need Referral for a local Golf Cart Custom Enclosure maker. Need Referral for a local Golf Cart Custom Enclosure maker. - Talk of The Villages Florida

Need Referral for a local Golf Cart Custom Enclosure maker.

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread Yesterday, 07:35 AM
PGApromike PGApromike is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Newell
Posts: 81
Thanks: 24
Thanked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Default Need Referral for a local Golf Cart Custom Enclosure maker.

Would like referral for a reputable golf cart enclosure company for a customized Yamaha. Stock size will not fit as this cart has a stretched MadJax on it. The place on 441 had closed and they did excellent work, not cheap, but excellent work.
Please send personal referral, photo would be awesome. Hopefully they might also have a pickup/delivery capability to the Eastport area. I will then go visit the locations to make the best recommendation. Thank you in advance.
  #2  
Unread Yesterday, 10:06 AM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,131
Thanks: 10
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,000 Posts
Default

There was a company, Quality Golf Cart Enclosures, 352-693-3376, on 441 North. They did great work but don't know if they are still around. They used Sunbrella material and had their own cutting and sewing department so they could customize to individual needs.
__________________
People who have the most birthdays live longer

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #3  
Unread Yesterday, 10:16 AM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 11,738
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9,050 Times in 3,304 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGApromike View Post
Would like referral for a reputable golf cart enclosure company for a customized Yamaha. Stock size will not fit as this cart has a stretched MadJax on it. The place on 441 had closed and they did excellent work, not cheap, but excellent work.
Please send personal referral, photo would be awesome. Hopefully they might also have a pickup/delivery capability to the Eastport area. I will then go visit the locations to make the best recommendation. Thank you in advance.
Did you contact MadJax to see if they have a supplier or a recommendation?
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #4  
Unread Yesterday, 10:24 AM
PGApromike PGApromike is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Newell
Posts: 81
Thanks: 24
Thanked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Default

That was the company I mentioned did great work but they closed after last season.
Thank you for your response.
  #5  
Unread Yesterday, 10:43 AM
charles_2000 charles_2000 is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: The Villages, Deluna Neighborhood
Posts: 62
Thanks: 4
Thanked 57 Times in 22 Posts
Default

I just bought an enclosure from Covers and Canvas @ 9440 SE 156TH Place , Summerfield, FL 34491 ( Ashley 352-566-8863) for my Yamaha Drive 2 Electric (not custom), and they will pick-up your cart and seem to do custom sizes/carts. While I was there they were doing for a guy that they haven't done before.

Also, at a location at 9805 Hwy 301 at CR 124A Next to Napolinos restaurant does cart enclosures and will pick-up your cart. Both locations do the sewing on-site.

Last edited by charles_2000; Yesterday at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling
  #6  
Unread Yesterday, 10:43 AM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 8,979
Thanks: 4,375
Thanked 12,710 Times in 4,178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGApromike View Post
That was the company I mentioned did great work but they closed after last season.
Thank you for your response.
Bummer, I was going to recommend them also. They custom made us an excellent enclosure a few years ago. You could try contacting Country Village Power in Webster, they made us a nice enclosure for the Yamaha we bought from them, but I don’t know if they make enclosures for carts they don’t sell?
  #7  
Unread Yesterday, 01:16 PM
PGApromike PGApromike is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Newell
Posts: 81
Thanks: 24
Thanked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Default

I have used Covers and Canvas. Nice people, bit high priced and Quality covers did a better job but have gone out of business.
Was the second location also covers and canvas or a different company?
Thanks for your reply
  #8  
Unread Yesterday, 01:17 PM
PGApromike PGApromike is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Newell
Posts: 81
Thanks: 24
Thanked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Default

I'll give them a call thank you.
  #9  
Unread Yesterday, 07:27 PM
badkarma318's Avatar
badkarma318 badkarma318 is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 250
Thanks: 19
Thanked 231 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Cartworks.

https://cartworks.net/
  #10  
Unread Today, 06:20 AM
PoolBrews PoolBrews is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 768
Thanks: 8
Thanked 659 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Covers and Canvas did mine and did a poor job initially. They had to take it back and redo a lot of the stitching because the quality was terrible. I was told that a new sewer had done mine and they put their best person on it the 2nd time (why would you put a new person on an enclosure that you're designing and doing for the 1st time?). It did look good when it came back.

At the time, they did not know how to make a club cover for my Evolution D5 (I had the first one in The Villages). After a couple of months, I heard about Quality Golf Cart Enclosures and they were able to make it for me.

A short while later I needed some alterations - very simple - I had lowered the top of my cart in the rear, so I needed the bottom adjusted to snap correctly. Canvas and Covers quoted a ridiculous price of over $500. Quality Golf Cart Enclosures did it for $250.

In both instances, the quality from Quality Golf Cart Enclosures was superior to Covers and Canvas.

Sad to hear that Quality Golf Cart Enclosures is now closed. Hopefully Covers and Canvas has improved their quality. They are the only custom canvas shop I know of in the area.
  #11  
Unread Today, 07:35 AM
PGApromike PGApromike is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Newell
Posts: 81
Thanks: 24
Thanked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Thank you
Reply

Tags
referral, cart, excellent, enclosure, work


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.