American Dominance in 2014 Totally Unexpected

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2014, 11:09 PM
Platinum member
Default American Dominance in 2014 Totally Unexpected

First let me congratulate Jessica Korda for winning the Airbus LPGA Classic. Jessica defeated Anna Nordqvist by 1 stroke in another incredibly exciting LPGA finish. At one point on the back nine, six players were tied for 1st place. Jessica birdied the 18th hole to secure her victory.

I have been critical at times on this blog the past couple of years, voicing my disappointment at the results of the American players' finishes at the Solheim Cup, and especially major championships. Going into the British Open last season, Asian players had won 11 consecutive major championships. American players won only 7 times last year in 28 tournaments. There was really no reason coming into the 2014 season to think that things would dramatically change. My reasoning was the following:

TONY'S LPGA REPORT: American Dominance in 2014 Totally Unexpected
Old 05-26-2014, 04:37 AM

What a great golf tourney. I have been waiting for a great LPGA event for a long time!! Let us hope it continues. I don't really care about the American dominance thing as I have a friend from Sweden who has played on the tour and is trying to get back to the tour.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.