golf cart garage?

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Default golf cart garage?

We are hoping to move to TV next summer and are trying to understand the needs of the garage. Our realtor said that most people find one car and two golf carts works best. Do you agree? Also, what about parking. Does a regualr garage suffice, an extended garage or is a golf cart garage a really good idea and worth the cost?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:01 PM

Our sales person told us the golf cart garage was a 10,000 dollar add on. To us it was well worth it.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 PM

If I could ad one thing to my villages home it would be a golf cart garage. Unfortunately we do not have the ground. A neighbor just added one to his home and it cost him 16000.

jeffy
Old 10-22-2008, 08:51 AM

Is a golf cart garage a necessity if you have a car port?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Gold member

The BIGGEST mistake we made was buying a home without a golf cart garage. Since we both still work part time we need 2 cars. Now one always sits outside. There are no carports in TV except in the historic section.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Traveller View Post
Is a golf cart garage a necessity if you have a car port?

In the historic section, in addition to the carport there is usually an attached shed (with no central air or heat)that is the laundry room, storage room and golf cart garage.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 10-22-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgammon6 View Post
Our sales person told us the golf cart garage was a 10,000 dollar add on. To us it was well worth it.
The garage itself may cost upwards of $10K to put in, but remember too that there is additional cost of a larger lot. A "standard" lot won't hold much more than just a house. So you may have another $10K to buy a house on a lot large enough to fit the extra 10 or so feet of width you need for the garage addition.

Honestly, it is the one option I should have gone for up front.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Smile

Does anyone know if there is acceptance of using a golf car garage for a home work shop? I love my home work shop and I do make a fair amount of noise with my equipment

"When you're right you can afford to keep your temper and when you're wrong you can't afford to loose it"
Old 10-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I go to a lot of garage sales. I see many workshops. Probably would not be a problem, unless you to woodworking at 2Am.
BTW there is an excellant Villages woodworking shop on Rolling Acres Road.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
Does anyone know if there is acceptance of using a golf car garage for a home work shop? I love my home work shop and I do make a fair amount of noise with my equipment
The restrictions would be no different than the rest of the garage...
Old 10-22-2008, 04:22 PM

I said it before on this site and I will say it again - if you have two cars get a house with a golf cart garage. We did not and we are so sorry we did not plan better. We have a designer home with a good size garage. We are able to fit two cars, one golf cart and one motorcycle, however there is not any extra space and everything is tight. We always need to jockey the vehicles around when we need to move one. I do not think anyone would be sorry by having a golf cart garage. We would love the extra space.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Veteran member

In my opinion, our golf cart garage is an absolute necessity. We have one car (used occasionally) and two golf carts. Both carts are electric. We use the carts for our primary mode of transportation. We bought our home with the golf cart garage with the intention of owning only one cart and two cars. We soon realized that we needed another cart and one less car. Sold the car and purchased another cart. We play golf 2/3 times a week and go to the squares for dancing 2/4 nights a week, do our shopping, go to restaurants and do errands, so they get lots of use.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 AM

Maybe I’m a little or lot slow today so let me clarify my question so you can give a answer even I will understand. If you live in the older part of the Villages where car ports are allowed, and you don’t own a car do you need a golf cart garage?

Sometime I feel like an old Jethro Tull album – Thick as a Brick.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Traveller View Post
Maybe I’m a little or lot slow today so let me clarify my question so you can give a answer even I will understand. If you live in the older part of the Villages where car ports are allowed, and you don’t own a car do you need a golf cart garage?

Sometime I feel like an old Jethro Tull album – Thick as a Brick.
No, many people simply keep their cart under the carport.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:28 PM

rshoffer, thanks, that an answer even I can uderstand.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.