Newbie Help

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Default Newbie Help

Hello all, I just signed up and not sure if this is the place to ask this question or if it should be somewhere else. I have an electric club car and it seems to be going slower than normal, even with a full charge. Has anyone had this problem and could it mean my batteries are dying? It is like this even after a full charge.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Platinum member

Is this a NEW Club car or used?

Suzy Toronto
Old 11-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Sage
Default Brakes?

Sulley (fellow 007'er)....

We had a similar issue.... turns out there was a bunch of dust/debris building up inside the rear wheels and a clip/switch related to the brakes was not fully releasing. This produced a drag on the wheels. Technician cleaned out all the debris and lube'd the clip/switch.

One way to check if your brakes are not fully releasing....on level ground, release the parking brake. You should be able to push/move the cart with minimal force (basically with 2 or 3 fingers). If it takes a lot more force than this, then your brakes may be part of the problem. Just a suggestion.

We have an 04 (remanufactured) Club Car electric.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Gold member

That's exactly what recently happened to mine... the info provided here sounds like a good tip. Where did you get the cart?
Old 11-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Sage

We got ours at Golf Cart Connection.

As an aside, we've had them out for 2 annual preventive maintenance checks. In the check this Feb, the technician wasn't as thorough as we had come to expect. When they came several months later to fix the switch/clip issue I described earlier (under warranty), that technician said that the first guy should have taken off the wheels, checked the brakes, checked the lubricatiton, and blown out the debris. Live and learn.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:42 PM

I have a used 05 club car. I'll check these suggestions out and let you know how it works out. Thanks for the tips.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Poor electric performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulley007 View Post
Hello all, I just signed up and not sure if this is the place to ask this question or if it should be somewhere else. I have an electric club car and it seems to be going slower than normal, even with a full charge. Has anyone had this problem and could it mean my batteries are dying? It is like this even after a full charge.

Thanks for the help.
Only real way to tell if you have a bad battery(s) is a hygrometer test of each individual cell. Loose or corroded connections can also lead to poor performance. This problem is cured by process of elimination. Good luck
Handie
Old 12-07-2008, 03:47 PM

Just thought I would post an update. Looks like my batteries were bad. I had the battery doctors www.thebatterydoc.com check them out. They picked up and delivered my cart. I'd never heard of this process, but they claim to be able to renew the batteries. Cost $128 and is guaranteed for a year. Heck of a lot less than new ones and the cart is running like new!

Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.