Looking for good golf cart dealer

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Default Looking for good golf cart dealer

We are coming to TV in about a week as soon as we close on our new house. One of our goals is to buy a golf cart. It's unbelievably difficult to research golf carts for use in TV while we are in Rhode Island. There are a couple of dealers that have decent websites. One is the Village Golf Cart Man and the other is Grandpa and Grandma's Village Buggies. I've searched past postings and found some references to Village Buggies but hardly any for the Village Golf Cart Man and most references to these dealers have to do with rental of carts. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in purchasing used or rebuilt golf carts from either of these dealers. I would also appreciate the names of any other dealers that might have good prices and reliable service especially for used carts.

Thanks,
George
Old 07-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Gold member

I have used Don's Carts in Leesburg. Very happy with deal I got on a used cart, have used them for service as well. They are just about to do some work on a used cart I bought elsewhere, add Curtis Cab and some other upgrades. Owner's name is Ed.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:39 PM

Try Golf Cart Connection at www.golfcartconnection.com. Very, very happy with them from sales to service.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Default Golf Cart Dealer

I purchased my Club Car from CART WORLD 352-753-1800
they are the factory dealer for Club Car. I've had a great
salesperson { debbie } & the road service guys are very
good as well.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Wink Carts & Clubs in Ocala

We went with Carts & Clubs in Ocala. http://www.cartsandclubs.com/ Give them a call before hand.
You are dealing directly with the owners Ted & Connie Dunlap customer service oriented and personable. Priced lower then The Villages Yamaha dealers.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:17 PM

We got a remanufactured electric cart at Golf Cart Connection and are quite pleased.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:55 PM
REH7380
Thumbs up Golf Cart

We bought an EZGO Golf cart from Town and Country in Spanish Springs and can't say enough good things about their service. I go back once a month and they check batteries, tires, etc. In addition we had a problem, (our fault) with the shield that falls down in the back to protect the clubs. They took it off, sent it to the factory and replaced it at no charge. I asked one of the employees there who I should call in The Villages if our cart broke down, got a flat, etc. He said to call him and he would come and I have faith he would.
They don't forget you after you buy and I would not think of buying from anyone else.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Talking Good service

I have purchased two Golf Cars from The Villages Golf Car store in Lake Sumter Landing. One was refurbished and the other one was new. They are both gas because I don't want to mess with adding water to the batteries every month, etc. Also I drive over 50 miles in a day sometimes and I know I will get there and back home again without running out of power.

The Villages Golf Cars is a great place to buy and the service is first class. They add an additional 1 year on the warranty Yamaha offers. They will pick up and deliver your Golf Car for $10. You can drop it off at the store and pickup and delivery is free.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Gold member

We've been exceptionally happy with Carts & Clubs in Ocala. We purchased a 2007 Gas Yamaha that was in a lease program that they refurbished. Nice people and fair pricing. I think it is Tuesdays and Thursdays that they come to The Villages to deliver and pick-up golf carts. It has been a VERY pleasant experience dealing with them.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

I second the Village Golf Cart Store at Lake Sumter. We bought a Yamaha gas, treated us great, and gave us a great deal.
Joel Lassiter was our Sales person and was great!
Army Guy
Old 08-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Dancing Thyme

I purchased my cart from a member of TOTV a couple of years ago and I couldn't be happier. The cart was extremely well taken care of and I don't think I would have gotten such a good price from a dealer. I'd research all and see what comes up best. Good Luck and let us know when your in town. Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-24-2009, 08:07 AM

Try Golf Cart Connection They rebuild club carts and I understand they are very good on service. Also, look at the new Alumacart on 466 just west of 441. 466 is under repair so need to get there from 441 ( 27 ) and go i block west on 466. I just bought one and it is a very nice ride and 60 mile range. speed 20 up or down a hill. Traded in my EZGO and I am very happy with the new cart. They are a part of Don's golf carts in Leesburg.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Platinum member

We have purchased both of our carts from The Villages. As everyone has said they stand behind their carts. Service is always great. Good luck and welcome to TV.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:32 PM

Try the Tomberlin USA store on 301, they have great looking carts and they have a tax credit of over $4000 if you buy a new LSV.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:12 AM

I bought the Alumacart and rate it as number 1. They are at Dons in Leesburg and on 466 in Lady Lake just west of 441. Great cart and great price. Dons also has a varity of used carts. 352 561-4642 , 352 326-2327
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.