Cartvertible Seat

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Veteran member
Default Cartvertible Seat

Does anyone have any experience with the "cartvertible seats" advertised in our local paper. For those who do not know what it is, it converts a two seater cart to 4 by putting two seats behind the existing ones. When not in use the seats fold up so ur golf clubs can fit in their normal place. I don't know price nor whether they work well.

Anyone care to comment?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:27 PM

There is a weight consideration which ends up limiting the use to one adult or a couple of small children. I forget the specific number the sales person quoted, I just remember that we concluded this type of cart would not allow us take a visiting adult couple on a Villages tour. The problem is not that the seat cannot hold the weight but, rather, that the cart has difficulty functioning with the weight where it is located.

An engineer could undoubtedly explain it much better.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 PM

We have the cartvertible seat on our gas Club Car. We LOVE it! We have had 4 adults on the cart many times with no problem.

We paid $1200 to have it installed which included extra suspension reinforcement and matching sumbrella seatcovers.

The only downside is you lose the basket.

Last edited by Mintjulep; 02-01-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Can u tell me what they did to ur suspension such as change the springs to stiffer ones or just exactly what they did. With the spring modification, does it ride very stiff with only two people? Where did u have it done? I have a 2010 Yamaha gas. How much longer is the cart with the seat down? Thanks
Old 02-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Eternal Member

The Yamaha supports the convertable seat vey well with the spring over shock design. The Club Car and EZ-GO can also use a standard spring with a shackle extenction on rear.
The folded up rear platform is only 3" longer than the bumper
Old 02-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I looked into this (briefly) for my ParCar golf cart and was told (not by a sales person) that it couldn't be done for ParCar golf carts because they could not get the other parts needed for the conversion. Anyone else else any experience in converting a ParCar 2-seater to a 4-seater? We have a 2006 ParCar and would really like to convert it.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

The only cartvertible setup I found for the Yamaha hides the taillights when it is in the 2 seater mode. The floor panel in the foldup backsection when tilted up for 2 seat positioning completly covers the taillights of the cart. Not gud.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2at View Post
The only cartvertible setup I found for the Yamaha hides the taillights when it is in the 2 seater mode. The floor panel in the foldup backsection when tilted up for 2 seat positioning completly covers the taillights of the cart. Not gud.
Yamaha sells a light bar that goes on the roof overhead. This is certainly a worthwhile purchase for the four seater.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

I have the light bar on my roof, but people historically look for the turn signals and brake lite on the fenders and further any additional type of protection is a plus. I was thinking of cutting a hole where the two lights are positioned on the fender, but I do not know how close the folding footrest is to the lights in the up position. If the lights are too far back it will seriously reduce their effectiveness.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.