Bill Snyder

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default Bill Snyder

I don't know how many of you are Kansas State fans, probably very few, or even have much awareness about k-state and what Snyder has done, but you should know. I am not a ksu fan, I am a huge missouri fan/alum, but I have admired coach Snyder and the job he has done for years. When he took over kstate in the late 80s they were historically and quantifiably the worst division 1 football program in the ncaa. He started winning in his second year and ultimately took a program that had only been to three bowl games all-time to 11 consecutive bowl games! He retired several years ago and the football stadium was named for him. After three failed years under another coach, he was lured back out of retirement to coach the wildcats. Last year he took them to yet another bowl game, and this year he has upset both Miami and Baylor and gone 4-0. In addition to all that he is a personable and soft-spoken gentleman. I have no axe to grind other than to point out a tremendous admiration for the man I feel should be recognized as the greatest college football coach of all-time.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.