muffler

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Default muffler

Good afternoon,

I did several searches in various places and only found this one ... Gas Golf Cart "silencers"
and it really was not what I'm interested in.

I have a 2013 Yamaha gas, EFI, with a sound package installed under the seat area. It is not quiet enough. I have seen older EZ Go carts that had a very mellow sounding muffler. I'm told that those are 2010 and earlier. This Yamaha has a strange tinny, or whiney sound to it and I don't think it is just engine noise coming out of the engine bay. As I said, we do have the foam sound package installed.

OK, the question : is there an aftermarket replacement that will get rid of the tinny sound and make it sound more mellow?

Thanks,
Don
Old 10-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Eternal Member
Default 2013 Noise

We just received a new 2013 Yamaha to our shop to have a special rear seat installed and we were remarking about how quiet it is.
I suggest that you come to our shop next week and listen to this one and see if you agree, your unit may have a defective muffler.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Thanks, I have listened to other 2012 and 2013's and they sound like mine. Having said that, I drove a 2012 without the sound deadening package and it was quite a bit louder than mine. I guess I just want it to be quieter than stock EFI's are. Oh well. Thank you very much for your reply and offer!
Don
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.