Scary

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Default Scary

Hi kitty,

this is my answer to your question as to why i find it so scary to move to tv alone from this town, where i grew up, which i hate. Every single member of my family is dead including my husband. I have no children. I have one aunt and uncle left, and they are co-dependent alcoholics. If something happens to me in tv, i have no support system there - no one to turn to for help. I have friends here in ct who would help me. This is why i am finding a move there so scary.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Sage

have you decided to move then or still thinking about it?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:00 PM

Still thinking about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
have you decided to move then or still thinking about it?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,323 Posts

why not rent off season to see if you like it
Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Sage

Veronica,
moving here is not for everybody. I respect your fear and your trust in friends you have in CT. Not sure why you would move from that when you have lost so much already.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Veronica, like you, I really didn't have anyone to rely on should the need arise. It took some time, but now I have a very good network of friends on whom I know I can call and ask for help. Even before truly having friends, I did have a group of women that would have helped me.

It isn't easy at first and it is definitely frightening to think about, but you can find folks to help you should the need arise, even if it is your first day in TV. That's one of the beautiful things here -- the generosity of spirit of Villagers, whether you're a total stranger or a best friend.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-18-2013, 09:12 PM

Thanks so much, redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
veronica, like you, i really didn't have anyone to rely on should the need arise. It took some time, but now i have a very good network of friends on whom i know i can call and ask for help. Even before truly having friends, i did have a group of women that would have helped me.

It isn't easy at first and it is definitely frightening to think about, but you can find folks to help you should the need arise, even if it is your first day in tv. That's one of the beautiful things here -- the generosity of spirit of villagers, whether you're a total stranger or a best friend.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Sage

Dee, you are the best. It is a scary thing to do, moving here. Any of us not knowing a soul and being single are scared.
I wouldn't have moved if I needed help daily or might need immediate help.
KItty
Old 07-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Sage

You can only walk half way into the darkest forest before you are coming out the other side....have courage, pray and discern what you would really like for yourself, and then walk in that direction. if it is to stay among friends, then rejoice in them...if it is to make a change and start a new adventure, then we will rejoice in you!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Veronica, like you, I really didn't have anyone to rely on should the need arise. It took some time, but now I have a very good network of friends on whom I know I can call and ask for help. Even before truly having friends, I did have a group of women that would have helped me.

It isn't easy at first and it is definitely frightening to think about, but you can find folks to help you should the need arise, even if it is your first day in TV. That's one of the beautiful things here -- the generosity of spirit of Villagers, whether you're a total stranger or a best friend.
Beautiful post......helpful and uplifting.......
Old 07-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
You can only walk half way into the darkest forest before you are coming out the other side....have courage, pray and discern what you would really like for yourself, and then walk in that direction. if it is to stay among friends, then rejoice in them...if it is to make a change and start a new adventure, then we will rejoice in you!
More truly uplifting and inspirational advice for a person leaving or thinking of leaving her support network for the unknown...........
Old 07-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Default Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
Hi kitty,

this is my answer to your question as to why i find it so scary to move to tv alone from this town, where i grew up, which i hate. Every single member of my family is dead including my husband. I have no children. I have one aunt and uncle left, and they are co-dependent alcoholics. If something happens to me in tv, i have no support system there - no one to turn to for help. I have friends here in ct who would help me. This is why i am finding a move there so scary.
Veronica, I moved to The Villages, Aug 2012 and came by myself. I currently am a full time renter. I have made lots of dear friends since moving here. I still have my friends in NH/Maine, but, Florida is my home now. Was it scary to move here, yes, but, I would do it again..

I needed to way out the pros and cons for me and the pros won... But, I had to be proactive about meeting people.

Good Luck
Old 07-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Sage

Veronica, I moved here from a community I'd lived in since 1969. After 3 months, I have more support and friends here than where I moved from and could call on several people within a couple of miles if I had a problem like a flat or needed a ride or needed to talk. I've not been all that social on my street but while I walked my dog two (married) neighbor men surprised me by offering to help if I ever need them.
Is that the kind of support you are asking for?

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 07-19-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
Beautiful words
Old 07-19-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
Hi kitty,

Part of your first sentence says it all to me "..where I grew up, which I hate.". I'd be out of there so fast and find a new adventure that would make me happy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.