18 Days

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Eternal Member
Default 18 Days

I close on the 30th - then fly back to Chicago to pack and move. I'm not looking for quick and tawdry encounters...but, some good company and a kind shoulder would be welcomed. My ex-wife (Voldemort, a very smart and distant person) used to say that I was a homing pigeon. I'm really glad to be moving down here...I see good connections and adventures in the future....but, some advice and company would go a long way to reassure. Any suggestions?

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Sage

Folks that have made it to The Villages for retirement are (in my opinion) quick to understand the personality of others and treat them accordingly. Keep that in mind and you will gravitate toward those that think and act like you do.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Folks that have made it to The Villages for retirement are (in my opinion) quick to understand the personality of others and treat them accordingly. Keep that in mind and you will gravitate toward those that think and act like you do.
Honest - I wasn't looking for a fight...I want to make pals....I get that folks can misinterpret stuff on forums..which is why I try to smooth over differences...but, this is someone chasing me from thread to thread. It's creepy.

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

FWIW Geewiz, I understood that your comment in the other thread was a tongue-in-cheek hypothetical response to a specific comment. Don't let it get you down.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
FWIW Geewiz, I understood that your comment in the other thread was a tongue-in-cheek hypothetical response to a specific comment. Don't let it get you down.
Thanks - it was tongue in cheek. I really want to find a good nest down here...frankly, it's a big move for me ...I'm leaving friends and family and I'm a bit scared. Your kind comments are appreciated.

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-13-2012, 08:54 AM

Mr Wiz.... may I call you Gee? You seem to me like you'd be a great guy to hang out with: A bit kooky, outside-of-the-box, original thinker, with an offbeat sense of humor. I, myself, am an oddball. There are actually quite a few of us living among the more normal folks. Seek, and ye shall find us.

You will fit in just fine!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
Mr Wiz.... may I call you Gee? You seem to me like you'd be a great guy to hang out with: A bit kooky, outside-of-the-box, original thinker, with an offbeat sense of humor. I, myself, am an oddball. There are actually quite a few of us living among the more normal folks. Seek, and ye shall find us.

You will fit in just fine!
Mr Wiz was my first puppy. I know I'm a "different" guy for TV...but, it's a big place and the vast majority of folks I've met have been most kind.

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-13-2012, 10:26 AM
TOTV Moderator

As a reminder, please address the topic and not the person posting. If the post is suspicious or personally directed, use the red triangle to report it and the admin or moderator will deal with the post and the poster accordingly.

thank you.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
I agree with Skybo. I learned early on when I was TRYING to be funny I HAD to put the winking smiley up or many "didn't get it". That is the reason I have never quit my day job and gone on the comedy circuit.

You have a wicked and to me funny sense of humor and I know that you will find a lot of like minded friends here who will enjoy you and you them. I wish you a sincere welcome and every happiness.

Be patient with TOTVrs. They are a good bunch, most of them.

Hurry home.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Geewhiz, I have enjoyed your posts and your taste in music. Let me know via PM when you get down here and I'll buy you a beer!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Platinum member

I don't know, GeeWiz, you seem totally normal to me.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Eternal Member

Again - thanks to all...so far 1,000 nice people to one strange person...I can deal with that.

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-28-2012, 12:01 PM

Geez whiz, I didn't see any of your other posts, just this one but you look like one hip dude. If you're into 80 s music (The Smiths, New Order, etc), tacos and margaritas while walking to the beach, off-road unicycling, classic rock, writing and creative arts, bitchin' pinball machines, Gen X art galleries, the smell of musty used CD and record stores, and skateboards for commuting to outdoor, all-day music festivals, then wait about three years and my wife, her girlfriends, and I will be down there to join u. You're just a tad ahead of the curve, is all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.