any advice on driveway pavers company?

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2021, 01:30 PM
Default any advice on driveway pavers company?

We have had several young men asking if we would want to fix our chipped pavers on our driveway but we would feel much more comfortable with a contractor who is known in the villages and who is honest, reliable and reasonable. Is there such an animal? (LOL)
Mei and Steve Covington Circle
Old 12-16-2021, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayrath View Post
We have had several young men asking if we would want to fix our chipped pavers on our driveway but we would feel much more comfortable with a contractor who is known in the villages and who is honest, reliable and reasonable. Is there such an animal? (LOL)
Mei and Steve Covington Circle
I wonder if the Villages Office can help you? I think they need a permit to have done this job. The original contractor may not have filed but if they did, you will have the name of who did the job. Chipped pavers, a proper repair is not to try to restore the pavers but to replace them. Hopefully they are still made.

People knocking on your door. So many bad experiences with this sort of thing. I can't think of a single good one. My dad years ago, hired some kids to wall paper his bathroom. After buying the paper, he discovered they had never hung wallpaper before.
He paid them. I had to take down the paper, clean off the glue mess and I painted the bathroom.

Mine was worse. My already beat VW was hit. The door would not open. If, I recall you needed working doors on both sides of the car to pass state inspection. Some guys went buy and said they would fix it for ??????? 100, I am guessing. The guy took out a sledge hammer. True the door would open and close when they were done-sort of.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Request should have been made to the ARC. need to ask them if any record of the installation.
Village Community Development Districts

Tags
driveway, pavers, reliable, villages, honest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.