ARCHAEOLOGY Under a Microscope - July 24 at Pinellas Library

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Default ARCHAEOLOGY Under a Microscope - July 24 at Pinellas Library

As of 12:15 p.m. today, 3 tickets left [free] for a lecture-see below. I'm registered, thought you might want to join me.

Archaeologists are detectives of the past. In this presentation you’ll get to explore ancient artifacts from stone tools to pottery under a MICROSCOPE just like an archaeologist. You’ll get to see what aspects of these materials archaeologists use and focus on to get information about the past, and what aspects of Native American life we can learn about by studying the materials they left behind. By looking at a piece of pottery under the microscope, we can see what materials it contains and get an idea of how the pot was made and also what it was used for. Looking at shell and stone tools under a microscope shows us use-wear that is not visible to the naked eye. Registration Required - see below link

Maybe some of us could go have lunch or snack afterward to discuss.

Sumter County, FL - Official Website
Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Sage

thanks for posting this! i will be away then but hopefully some of the gang will keep you company and make all kinds of interesting discoveries
Old 07-02-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
thanks for posting this! i will be away then but hopefully some of the gang will keep you company and make all kinds of interesting discoveries
We will miss you ChaChaCha. Don't forget your camera and hope to see some of those photos and hear your stories!

This event is now sold out.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.