Best Places to Meet Other Singles?

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Smile Best Places to Meet Other Singles?

Which of the restaurant/bars in the Villages (TGI, Codys, etc) or just outside of the Villages.... and which of the 2 evening entertainment locations (Sumter Landing vs. Spanish Springs) are the best places to meet other singles...especially those 50-60 years of age. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Veteran member
Smile "Just Mike"

My wife and I were in Urban Flats the other night and the entertainment was great. It was a guy who calls himself "Just Mike". Lots of couples and singles. I think he said he would be back on March 27. He really makes it easy to meet people, with his style of entertainment.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Sage
Default baby boomers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatorman View Post
My wife and I were in Urban Flats the other night and the entertainment was great. It was a guy who calls himself "Just Mike". Lots of couples and singles. I think he said he would be back on March 27. He really makes it easy to meet people, with his style of entertainment.
hello curious,

besides the sumter singles, there is always a crowd on wed and sat at rj gator's, often at red sauce, both LSL. there is also a baby boomers club meeting tonight. good luck..
Old 04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Smile number of singles?

I'm planning on moving to the Villages after July...Looks like that's when the big "D" will be final...Does anyone actually know the number of single households in the community? I picked this development based on clubs,activities,woodshop,and size of community, and average age(61)..I'm a 63 yr old male,,(sorry, 2 left feet)....

Thanks,Rick
Old 04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Sage

rfishxf meet hrp01
Old 04-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Question i don't get it

Is there a guess as to the number or do you think this question is out of line?

rick
Old 04-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Sage
Default not sure

either how many singles live here or to what our pturner was referring but looks like she thinks you should meet the blogger a few messages back by that fishy handle? LOL
there is also a free dating website called plentyoffish which is fun...don't worry, the women far out number the guys...

Last edited by chachacha; 04-29-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Default pof..yes I saw you there

I asked this question from one of the folks on that site(POF) and the response was very negative..They kind of left me with the impression that this was a couples oriented place and the goings on for singles was slim...I realize the ratio, as I heard that from the developer too..I just don't want to be out of place in a neighborhood...From my visit there I'm going to love it,if for no other reason than the golf and the woodshop...see you soon,Rick
Old 04-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Sage

Oh no. hrp01, I am very sorry if my post was confusing or offended you in any way. And no, I don't think your question was out of line at all.

I don't know the answer, but whatever it is, I'm betting you will love TV! There are so many nice people (even me) and so much fun stuff to do. Plus, it's such a beautiful place!

You and rfishxf both indicated that you would be looking for other singles in TV. I was trying to be funny by introducing you to each other, but apparently my humor fell flatter than bug on the end of a fly swatter.

Hope I'm forgiven.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Sage

Okay, Pturner, aka, Yenta, somehow I just imagine Boomer coming into this and breaking out in a chorus while you join in with a blond wig.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Default no offense taken

please don't think I'm offended by anything said..Just trying to be pc and sorry if I created a firestorm..Not my intentions in the least...Take care and thanks for the help,rick
Old 05-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrp01 View Post
I asked this question from one of the folks on that site(POF) and the response was very negative..They kind of left me with the impression that this was a couples oriented place and the goings on for singles was slim...I realize the ratio, as I heard that from the developer too..I just don't want to be out of place in a neighborhood...From my visit there I'm going to love it,if for no other reason than the golf and the woodshop...see you soon,Rick
Hi Rick, the first thing I would recommend is coming to the monthly TOTV lunch and you'll meet many of us in person and you'll see how friendly we all are. Yes, there are many more married people in TV than single, but that doesn't mean that the singles don't socialize with the married couples, we do and we have a great time. Everyone is extremely friendly to each other.

However, the singles still have a strong presence here (did I spell that right?) and we hang together a lot. You'll find the ratio of single women to men is overwhelming and usually you single guys are taken up pretty quickly, but we have a good time and do many enjoyable events together. It isn't necessary to live in the same village as many of our group are spread all over TV. Come and join us and let me know when you are here and we'll have a meet and greet.

Hope to see you soon.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222
Exclamation Wrong place to post....sorry if it is!

I am a brand, slam new member. I am seriously considering moving to The Villages. I visited for 5 days in May 2010 and am going back for the month of August to live the life and make a decision about moving there. Any advice, suggestions, words of wisdom, I would appreciate. I am also very single and would like to know about being single in The Villages.

On Zillow.com, I noticed that there are 924 houses for sale in the 32162 zip. That seems like alot to me. What do you think?

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn222 View Post
I am a brand, slam new member. I am seriously considering moving to The Villages. I visited for 5 days in May 2010 and am going back for the month of August to live the life and make a decision about moving there. Any advice, suggestions, words of wisdom, I would appreciate. I am also very single and would like to know about being single in The Villages.

On Zillow.com, I noticed that there are 924 houses for sale in the 32162 zip. That seems like alot to me. What do you think?
Welcome Lynn. I know you will love it here.

I recently read that The Villages is the fastest growing retirement area in the U.S. A lot of us villagers move in and decide later we want a different house, I imagine that is part of it.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn222 View Post

Lynn, Welcome to TOTV! We're glad you stopped in.

First, a technical answer:
TV does not have it's own zip code. I believe there are at least three different zip codes within TV. I am not sure whether the 32162 encompasses areas outside as well as inside TV.

I have read that the average Villager moves three times within TV. Sometimes people find they want a bigger or a smaller home, or they decide they want or don't want a pool or to live on a golf course, etc. Many of us start out as part-time Villagers and our home needs change when we move to TV full time.

I don't know the percentage of people who move to TV and then move away from TV. I think it is very small. Often it is due to the death of a spouse, the birth of a grandchild, illness of a relative, or just missing family back home.

TV seems to sell houses about as fast as they can build them.

A non-technical answer:
Go around and talk to people in TV. The vast majority will tell you it's the best thing that every happened to them. People love it here! It's gorgeous, the amenities are plentiful and affordable and I can't imagine you could ever find a friendlier or more welcoming place to live.

It's great for singles. It's great for married folks. It's... just awesome.

If you're unsure, you can rent a place here for several months or a year and see what you think. You can rent in different areas of TV, and rent different model homes within your price range, to see what suits you best. Many rentals include a golf cart, which I highly recommend.

Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best.

PTurner

Last edited by Pturner; 06-09-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.