Best Places to Meet Other Singles?

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222
Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. Many of my questions/concerns were answered. The place I am renting in August does have a golf cart I can use...YEA!

Do you know the tax rate in the county? The rate I would have to pay on house every year. Also, the bond....is that paid yearly, monthly? Would I receive a bill? Is there a required amount to pay yearly/monthly?

Thank you again.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn222 View Post
Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. Many of my questions/concerns were answered. The place I am renting in August does have a golf cart I can use...YEA!

Do you know the tax rate in the county? The rate I would have to pay on house every year. Also, the bond....is that paid yearly, monthly? Would I receive a bill? Is there a required amount to pay yearly/monthly?

Thank you again.
Good questions, Lynn. The Villages is located within the boundaries of three counties: Lake, Marion and Sumter. I think Lake County has the lowest tax rate and there are NO bonds on TV homes in Lake County. It is the oldest section of TV. I don't know whether the property taxes are lower in Sumter or Marion, but someone here will probably know and answer.

The bond is paid annually with your property tax. There is an option once a year, and once a year only, to pay it off in full. Oddly though, you can't pay it down other than the annual amount due. You either pay the annual amount due, or you pay it off during the allowable time period. You will receive annual notice of when you are allowed to pay it off. The interest on the bonds is 7 percent annually.

The method for calculating the bond is complex. I don't understand it well enough to explain it. In general, the bonds tend to be lower in Marion than in Sumter because the houses were built earlier, so more years of the bond have been paid off.

Most people just add the price of the bond to the price of the house. So if one house sold for $200,000 and had a $6,000 remaining bond and another house sold for $190,000 and had a $20,000 bond, the $200,000 home would be the less expensive of the two.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Pturner; 06-09-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typos
Old 06-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to elderstud

I am a slightly depressed retired Airline Captain who lives in Del Webb. What is going on this Saturday night in the way of dances.

I don't do bars or loud noisy places.

I am almost out of Prozac!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222
Default Prozac

I have some you can borrow.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Smile Single Chic

I am a Single professional woman moving to the Villages at the end of July. If I meet someone that would be great but I not really looking! I am going to get involved in TV community, meet people, have a great time and just let Fate & Destiny play its hand....it is just more fun and interesting that way. The best things happen when you don't look for them!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 AM

The best place to meet other singles in my openion is at the dances of The Villages Singles or the dances of Lake Sumpter Singles because of the mixer dances. The format is a organizational meeting at the begining of the dance then the dance starts right after this short meeting. During the cource of the dance the DJ will announce that this dance is a mixer meaning that a v is formed with the women on one side and the men on the other You meet at the vortex of the v and dance with whoever also meets at this point. If you have a good memory you know (you naturally introduce youself to you dancing partner), at least 4 people at the end of the night.
Another way is to meet chachacha (above poster and experienced single)as i did who befriended me and moved me along in singleville and i'am deeply indebted to her for her quidence. I met Chachacha at the NY club when i joined.
I also meet some nice women on the pickleball courts of The Villages Singles. You all wil eventually find your nitch
Old 06-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Sage

Russ, just close your eyes.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Sage
Default now who is russ?

pturner you have confused us again, at least me! who is russ and why should he close his eyes? the curiosity is killing me...did you mean our boston russ? i hope it is no one that i have inadvertently offended related to the previous post? c'mon, tell us....
Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
pturner you have confused us again, at least me! who is russ and why should he close his eyes? the curiosity is killing me...did you mean our boston russ? i hope it is no one that i have inadvertently offended related to the previous post? c'mon, tell us....
Hi Chachacha,
Oh dear. No, no, no you didn't offend-- and I surely hope that I didn't either! Yes to Russ Boston. I was referencing his well-publicized (I thought) pet peeve about a very common misspelling of Sumter County. Said very common misspelling appeared in this thread, so I told him to close his eyes.

Oiy vey. (Is that how you spell it?)
Old 06-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderstud View Post
I am a slightly depressed retired Airline Captain who lives in Del Webb. What is going on this Saturday night in the way of dances.

I don't do bars or loud noisy places.

I am almost out of Prozac!

Now thats funny and Lynn's response was even funnier
Would it seem appropriate that you two met in August??
Go to one of the squares, you two, and sit and chat and listen to some great entertainers. Stud be a kewl guy and buy her a drink or an ice cream cone.
There now you can call me "handie/cupid"
Handie
Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChic View Post
I am a Single professional woman moving to the Villages at the end of July. If I meet someone that would be great but I not really looking! I am going to get involved in TV community, meet people, have a great time and just let Fate & Destiny play its hand....it is just more fun and interesting that way. The best things happen when you don't look for them!

Me too ,looking next week........
and I agree with you best things just happen .......
Old 07-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Default I'll see

Hope to see what the villages are like next week......
Old 08-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Default I made it

Wellll,finally here...

I've been here for three weeks and have purposely laying low...I'm in a short term rental and just purchased a single family in Lynhaven(closing the 24th)..Hope to meet everyone in the hood eventually but have stayed away from the activities of the various groups trying to "take it all in". Looks like I'll be tied up for awhile refurbishing the home but am looking forward to all the amenities here..It's mind boggling...And I haven't even met the pretty single women here yet, or attended any of the many functions available...It will happen when it is ready.
Thanks to all for answering all my questions,

Rick
Old 09-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Sage
Default Busy Week for Singles

Welcome! A grand time was had by all today at the Sumter Singles pool party. A little rain was no problem, we just all moved inside and had great food, conversation, and a rousing game of charades! Monday (tomorrow) there are two events. U Are Not Alone for widows and widowers meets at Colony Cottage in the evening, and at the same time The Village Singles meeting at La Hacienda is having a free dance class. Friday the Singles Discussion group meets at Sea Breeze...Check your Rec News for times, dates etc and anything I might have missed....We are blessed to have so many opportunites for companionship here in our bubble.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Sage

Welcome myselfhere and hrp01.

Welcome myself here? That sounds funny. Welcome me!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.